Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Mock 2.0

Legend

User Info Menu

Shawn Mock 2.0

1) Eli Harold-OLB Virgina-I can't say enough good things about this guy. He is a high character, high motor leader with off the charts athleticism. He is the perfect Tomlin fit as Tomlin prefers athleticism over polish. After watching his film, I came to believe he is one of the best pass rushers in this draft. His first step is freakish and the guy can really get after a QB. Where he needs work is he is a bit of a spaz...needs to learn to play with patience...sometimes allowing the play to come to him. Sealing the edge needs work and will have to learn to finish tackles by not overpursuing. Everything I seen in his game as a negative can be corrected, and he is a situational pass rusher from day 1. Very high ceiling on this guy. (possible alternative is Landon Collins)

2) Marcus Peters-DB Washington-This top 15 talent falls due to character concerns. He may have repaired his image during a solid combine and interviews. He may not fall this far. But, if he does I am convinced the Steelers don't pass on him. Too much talent to allow to fall past them. (Alt. Quinton Rollins-DB)

3) Doran Grant-DB tOSU-Grant is fast, athletic and a solid DB. Not sure why he is considered a third round talent. (Alt. David Johnson-RB)

4) Jeff Heuerman-tOSU-TE-Handsy, runs good routes and underrated blocker.

5) Karlos Williams-RB, Florida State-let this guy learn behind Bell and he could be a special runner. Speed and power. A steal in the 5th.

6) Leterrius Walton-DT-Central Michigan, Mammoth DT who has a very high ceiling. Low risk high reward guy.

7) Jamon Brown-OT-Louisville-Massive and more athletic than would appear by size. Probably needs to play OG in the NFL.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd be happy w/ it at this point. Definitely needs to be a Defensive Draft w/ a TE and an OT in the mix.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good job.

Harold was a guy I loved when he declared (i didnt even know he was eligible)...whats difficult to tell is if he profiles as a guy that will be the next Justin Houston or the next Jason Worilds. I loved him as a second round guy, thought he could always sneak into the first and it looks like hes done just that.

Peters is my #2 CB and he really does make a strong case for #1 as far as talent goes, he is a top notch cover corner...getting him in the second is a complete steal.

Karlos Williams is OK, more like a straight line guy but Vinces younger brother and looks the part of a capable backup.

I've never thought Grant was all of that and was surprised by people having him as a 3rd round prospect. He's smallish, but loves contact. He's fast, but I always thought he was a bit stiff and seemed to be out of position a lot. There just seemed to be a lot of broken coverages in his area or him playing catchup on an open guy. But, again, that could be someone else's problem or even scheme....just kind of my initial take

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

film, you watch film? where did you get his game film?

or do you simply mean you watched youtube mashups of his games from TV perspective? i don't mean to nitpick, but game film usually includes angles that give you better perspective (end zone cameras are especially helpful for evaluating line play). just curious if you actually watch film.

to your draft, not bad. I'd love to get Peters in the second, but even with his character concerns, I bet he goes top 40. I think I like everyone but Williams. He does have great physical tools, but I feel his vision in subpar and his effort is spotty.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    film, you watch film? where did you get his game film?

or do you simply mean you watched youtube mashups of his games from TV perspective? i don't mean to nitpick, but game film usually includes angles that give you better perspective (end zone cameras are especially helpful for evaluating line play). just curious if you actually watch film.

to your draft, not bad. I'd love to get Peters in the second, but even with his character concerns, I bet he goes top 40. I think I like everyone but Williams. He does have great physical tools, but I feel his vision in subpar and his effort is spotty.
    [URL]http://draftbreakdown.com/players/eli-harold/[/URL]

Anything else?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    1) Eli Harold-OLB Virgina-I can't say enough good things about this guy. He is a high character, high motor leader with off the charts athleticism. He is the perfect Tomlin fit as Tomlin prefers athleticism over polish. After watching his film, I came to believe he is one of the best pass rushers in this draft. His first step is freakish and the guy can really get after a QB. Where he needs work is he is a bit of a spaz...needs to learn to play with patience...sometimes allowing the play to come to him. Sealing the edge needs work and will have to learn to finish tackles by not overpursuing. Everything I seen in his game as a negative can be corrected, and he is a situational pass rusher from day 1. Very high ceiling on this guy. (possible alternative is Landon Collins)

2) Marcus Peters-DB Washington-This top 15 talent falls due to character concerns. He may have repaired his image during a solid combine and interviews. He may not fall this far. But, if he does I am convinced the Steelers don't pass on him. Too much talent to allow to fall past them. (Alt. Quinton Rollins-DB)

3) Doran Grant-DB tOSU-Grant is fast, athletic and a solid DB. Not sure why he is considered a third round talent. (Alt. David Johnson-RB)

4) Jeff Heuerman-tOSU-TE-Handsy, runs good routes and underrated blocker.

5) Karlos Williams-RB, Florida State-let this guy learn behind Bell and he could be a special runner. Speed and power. A steal in the 5th.

6) Leterrius Walton-DT-Central Michigan, Mammoth DT who has a very high ceiling. Low risk high reward guy.

7) Jamon Brown-OT-Louisville-Massive and more athletic than would appear by size. Probably needs to play OG in the NFL.
    I like it. 6th round Chippewas makes a nice touch. Got to admit I had to look at the Virginia game to have any opinion on Brown. His feet do say guard.
    Collins I know isn't 6'3 and doesn't run 4.4 but I think he is a leader and a solid tackler and huge hitter. Safety isn't a sexy pick but Troy is done now so I have no problem going in that direction.

Starter

User Info Menu

I actually think Eli Harold will be the pick at #22. I'm not sure if Dupree is still there,which one they prefer.I don't see Peters falling that far into the second round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My updated mock:

Round 1- Alvin "Bud" Dupree, OLB; Kentucky
    Round 2- Clive Walford, TE; Miami (FL)
    Round 3- Cedric Ogbuehi, OT; Texas A&M
    Round 4- Ronald Darby, CB; Florida State
    Round 5- Gabe Wright, DT; Auburn
    Round 6- Stefon Diggs, WR; Maryland
    Round 7- Damian Swann, CB; Georgia
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    [URL]http://draftbreakdown.com/players/eli-harold/[/URL]

Anything else?
    yeah, those are TV clips. Nothing wrong with that. A lot can be learned.

Sorry, for the nitpick. Just wanted to know if you had access to real game film.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    yeah, those are TV clips. Nothing wrong with that. A lot can be learned.

Sorry, for the nitpick. Just wanted to know if you had access to real game film.
    I do. Anyone want to kick back with a few beers & challenge Kiper?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S