Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

He just signed an extension with the Bills. Their offensive line has been playing extremely well this year. He is a pretty good NFL guard. Too bad we can't develop O-linemen.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/18/report-bills-sign-kraig-urbik-to-contract-extension/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of us knew that when we gave up on him way too early

I really interested to see if Kugler is part of the problem with the OL. I was his biggest supporter two years ago but can we honestly say he has made the OL better?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Kraig Urbik would have been a difference maker...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was never a fan of Kugler. Average coach. Bring in Tunch.+
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Kraig Urbik would have been a difference maker...
    ****, he has been for the Bills. Have you seen the way they run the ball?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I too thought we gave up too early on Urbik. Not that I know so much about football but, I had a feeling he would eventionally do well enough. With all the injuries, troubles developing o-linemen I just don't know what to think. One, I put a lot of blame on Arians and that he showed no kindness to this unit with play calling, schemes and okay, not having a real blocking back. I know alot of teams do not have full backs but, it was foolish to toss good guys away when, you knew your o-line wasn't getting it done.
    Are the Steelers so foolish at picking o-linemen or coaches to coach them up ? No........Arians was always the trouble and Haley recognizes it with his play calling. Not that Haley is so great, I still would like to see him mix things up more with the running, passing, big passes, screens and all that but, it's still his first season with the team and he's doing the on the job training with guys he has just met.
    This last game against the Cowboys, I doubt Urbik would have been an improvement for the Steelers o-line. Sometimes it looked like a jailbreak with these guys during that game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah I'm not at all sold on Kugler as a good coach. He made his name on being able to juggle the lines for the Bills and Steelers through injuries. That is a good trait to have, but it doesn't mean he is good at developing talent.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    ****, he has been for the Bills. Have you seen the way they run the ball?
    With CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson? Yeah...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    With CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson? Yeah...
    Fred Jackson has been hurt all year, Have you seen Spiller's first few seasons. This was his breakout year.

Your probably right, It depends way way more on the RB than the o-line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Some of us knew that when we gave up on him way too early

I really interested to see if Kugler is part of the problem with the OL. I was his biggest supporter two years ago but can we honestly say he has made the OL better?
    He can only work with what he is handed to work with. You can't make a beautiful sculpture out of dog crap. Plus, even if he did make those supposed to start better, its hard to show it in the trainers room or in sweats on the sidelines on Sunday's.