Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I still remember someone on this site posted that Urbik was not a practice player but did great in games. I think that has proven to be true. The Bills had a lot of injuries and stuck Urbik in a game. He has played well since. I think he even played a lot at center one year.

I thought we gave up too early on him but hey, everybody makes mistakes, even the Steeler heirarchy. I'll take the Steelers track record on personnel decisions and match them up against any other team.
    You need look no further then the player in your sig picture. We are just lucky the Rats cut him too!

Look at Starks. It's pretty obvious Tomlin doesn't like him for reasons other than his performance.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-19-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=feltdizz;539136]
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I disagree. He is a very decent backup center who would start on many teams in this league.[/QUOTEn

I agree.. Legs is good at Center... but horrible at any other position. I didnt notice a drop off when Legs replaced Pouncey.. not saying he is as good as Pouncey but he wasnt a liability.
    Bronko Legursky was also decent as a situational goal-line fullback (back when Arians didn't employ an actual fullback).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora ยท

Kraig Urbik has lost Buffalo's starting right guard spot to Erik Pears. #Steelers

[URL]https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians didn't know how to put together an offensive line.

The C is typically the smallest offensive lineman. He tends to be short and lean. The Gs are typically stocky bowling balls of muscle. The Ts are typically the tallest offensive linemen, and are very lean and long.

Arians thought that Doug Legursky, who has the body of a C, was good to play G, and that Willie Colon, who has the body of a G, was good to play T. Combine those misfits with Chris Kemoeatu, and you get a terrible offensive line.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Look at Starks. It's pretty obvious Tomlin doesn't like him for reasons other than his performance.
    I wonder why the Chargers, Rams and Cardinals cut him.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That pears guy must be pretty good to beat out a borderline pro bowl player like urbik. Lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Centers tend to be short and "lean"? If you say so.

Guards "are typically stocky bowling balls of muscle". That's what Legursky is. Don't know that the description fits DeCastro though. He's a bit on the tall side.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Bruce Arians didn't know how to put together an offensive line.

The C is typically the smallest offensive lineman. He tends to be short and lean. The Gs are typically stocky bowling balls of muscle. The Ts are typically the tallest offensive linemen, and are very lean and long.

Arians thought that Doug Legursky, who has the body of a C, was good to play G, and that Willie Colon, who has the body of a G, was good to play T. Combine those misfits with Chris Kemoeatu, and you get a terrible offensive line.
    This is a very madden-like way to look at it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    That pears guy must be pretty good to beat out a borderline pro bowl player like urbik. Lol
    Haha that kills me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I wonder why the Chargers, Rams and Cardinals cut him.
    If youve seen starks play recently youd see that hes done. His knees are shot, hes only 32 but theres nothing left in the tank