Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 103

Thread: One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

  1. #41
    huh.

    I disagree.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Average per attempt means ****. Thats a QB thing, not how the offense is designed. Bills offense is a mid to deep passing offense. Fitzpatrick is just ****. Can't even compare them.

    Steelers are a short to intermediate passing team.

    And again I'll ask you: The Offensive line has nothing to do with their running success? It's all Jackson/Spiller.

    That's just laughable.
    What do you mean I can't compare them? If the Bills were a mid-to-deep passing offense, Fitzpatrick's YpA would be higher. The guy completes 62% of his passes. You can't say a point doesn't mean **** just because you don't agree.

    I never said that the offensive line has nothing to so with their rushing success. You said that, not me. I just think that their rushing success has more to do with Spiller and Jackson than with Urbik.

  3. #43
    Look, I don't think Urbik is a bad player. He's just not the savior of the Bills' running game. He's not the second coming of Faneca or Wisniewski.

    In Pittsburgh, he had to either nail down a starting job or have position flexibility. He went 0 for 2. It's fine that he was able to find a fit with another team. It doesn't necessarily mean that he belonged here.

  4. #44
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    What do you mean I can't compare them? If the Bills were a mid-to-deep passing offense, Fitzpatrick's YpA would be higher. The guy completes 62% of his passes. You can't say a point doesn't mean **** just because you don't agree.

    I never said that the offensive line has nothing to so with their rushing success. You said that, not me. I just think that their rushing success has more to do with Spiller and Jackson than with Urbik.
    Just because their offense is designed for intermediate and long throws, doesn't mean Fitzpatrick can or will take advantage of it. All you have to do is look at Chan Gailey's system. Easy to see.

    Secondly, not hard to see the Steelers blundered and let a good/decent guard go after one year for no reason. Who did they keep that was better?

    Urbik gets some credit for starting on that line. Whether you want to admit it or not, they get credit for the great rushing stats as much as the running back.

  5. #45
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,331
    In the 3rd round of the 2009, we drafted Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis after Kraig Urbik.


  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Just because their offense is designed for intermediate and long throws, doesn't mean Fitzpatrick can or will take advantage of it. All you have to do is look at Chan Gailey's system. Easy to see.

    Secondly, not hard to see the Steelers blundered and let a good/decent guard go after one year for no reason. Who did they keep that was better?

    Urbik gets some credit for starting on that line. Whether you want to admit it or not, they get credit for the great rushing stats as much as the running back.
    Urbik gets some credit for starting on that line. That doesn't mean he would be starting on this one...

    Urbik is what he is: an average NFL guard.

  7. #47
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Urbik got extended by the Bills.

  8. #48
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Urbik gets some credit for starting on that line. That doesn't mean he would be starting on this one...

    Urbik is what he is: an average NFL guard.
    Means he's better than most of our OL. He is probably the equal of Foster and Colon. And he's stayed healthy.

    Could of went 3 for 3 in 2009.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Means he's better than most of our OL. He is probably the equal of Foster and Colon. And he's stayed healthy.

    Could of went 3 for 3 in 2009.
    how does that mean he is better than most of our OL?

    again, what have you seen from urbik that makes you say this? The fact that he signed an extension that was for absolutely average money?

    could we use him now with all of the injuries, sure. Back then? He couldn't win a spot.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Means he's better than most of our OL. He is probably the equal of Foster and Colon. And he's stayed healthy.

    Could of went 3 for 3 in 2009.
    Yeah, okay...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •