Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can any of you play CB?

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026

    Can any of you play CB?

    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9b3A?u...burgh-steelers

    Originally drafted in the 4th round by the Rams. From Monroeville and played at PSU. Why am I not shocked that they picked up someone who grew up in WPA. Do the Rooneys think that people from the Pgh area have magical powers or something? He did run a 4.3 40 though. Cut by the Colts this year after 3 games in. Must have something wrong with him. The pickings sure are thin, as would be expected. If he shows any promise he will be hurt within a game.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_...an_football%29

  2. #2
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,991
    Pro Football Focus rated Justin King as the absolute worst CB in the NFL last season...

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    I probably couldn't keep up with Casey Hampton in a sprint. But I'd give it a try. I'd probably die after 1 play. But I could always say I played in the NFL.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Pro Football Focus rated Justin King as the absolute worst CB in the NFL last season...
    Aaaaahahahahahahahaha. That figures. He must have zero instincts. Just some guy who can run fast straight forward and that is it.

  5. #5
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,991
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Aaaaahahahahahahahaha. That figures. He must have zero instincts. Just some guy who can run fast straight forward and that is it.
    he's not supposed to be very physical either, but there aren't an abundance of good CBs around waiting to be signed in Week 16.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415
    Given Chadman's practice in his wrapping up & covering skills during the Christmas Present Wrapping Season, pretty sure Chadman has honed his skills if there are any square, non-moving objects that require coverage. If it moves, or has angles- might need some help over the top.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #7
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    CB? Heck, I'm still waiting for Hood & Heyward to do something....anything,they seem to be invisible out there. We need pressure from our front seven or our CB's are on an Island. We only see pressure from silverback and a few times from the beard, the rest are stuck in quicksand it appears.

    If we don't get pressure on Dalton we will be in trouble, as our young CB's just don't have enough game time reps to handle players like Green so we better be able to at least make Dalton throw when he doesn't want to.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    CB? Heck, I'm still waiting for Hood & Heyward to do something....anything,they seem to be invisible out there. We need pressure from our front seven or our CB's are on an Island. We only see pressure from silverback and a few times from the beard, the rest are stuck in quicksand it appears.

    If we don't get pressure on Dalton we will be in trouble, as our young CB's just don't have enough game time reps to handle players like Green so we better be able to at least make Dalton throw when he doesn't want to.
    At this point, I say we'd better put Troy in coverage over Green most of the day. I haven't seen him do much close to the LOS so better to just have him help in coverage, which will be much needed.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,554
    i think if we have to rely on our 7th CB does it really matter who it is??
    Bring back Tim McKyer
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,256
    I figure that NFL teams, on average, tend to carry 5 corners on their 53 man roster and maybe another corner on their practice squad just in case. There are 32 teams, so 32 X 6 = 192. There are also numerous CB's around the league who have been placed on I.R. and that open roster spot was filled by a free agent CB from the street. This late in the season, the only guys available to sign are 200th (or so) best cornerbacks. The pickins are slim in December, folks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •