Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 103

Thread: One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

  1. #31
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    urbik would be no better than a back up here. He couldn't beat out foster then and he couldn't beat out foster now.

    I would take him over legursky in a heartbeat though.
    On this we can get back to our normal disagreement. Urbik still being here would be a starter. Neither Colon or Foster are world beaters at Guard. They are average starters and nothing more.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #32
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Dwyer made this OL look good for a few games, and then I don't know what happened after that.
    I know what happened. Colon got hurt and we now have a rookie Guard playing RT after Adams got hurt.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    On this we can get back to our normal disagreement. Urbik still being here would be a starter. Neither Colon or Foster are world beaters at Guard. They are average starters and nothing more.
    yeah, we will never agree on this. Your speculation that urbik would be a starter here just doesn't hold up. In the few times that I watch the bills, I pay attention to urbik and he is consistently average in every respect. I dont believe he would be anything better here and I base that off of the coaches decision to cut him loose. They are the ones who actually saw him in practice everyday and decided they had better options at that time.

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    urbik would be no better than a back up here. He couldn't beat out foster then and he couldn't beat out foster now.

    I would take him over legursky in a heartbeat though.
    Tough to say. He' at least as good as Foster now. I know it would sure be nice to have him for depth.

  5. #35
    why do you believe he is as good as foster?

    I don't watch him play a lot, just here and there.

    to me foster looks like the better player.

  6. #36
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    why do you believe he is as good as foster?

    I don't watch him play a lot, just here and there.

    to me foster looks like the better player.
    We will find out what teams think. Either the Steelers will sign Foster to an extention or another team will sign him. We'll see what he gets compared to Urbik's extension.

    All I know is a line-up of Starks, Urbik, Pouncey, Foster, Beachum while Decastro was out is superior to Legursky playing and moving Pouncey to guard.

    Urbik is a nice run blocker.

  7. #37
    oh I agree on that, legursky stinks. Urbik is much better than he is for sure.

    it will be interesting for sure to see what foster gets on the open market. I do know the steelers have had a bargain this far in regards to his pay/play ratio. His pass pro this year has been outstanding as referenced by the rankings at the depot.

  8. #38
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    oh I agree on that, legursky stinks. Urbik is much better than he is for sure.

    it will be interesting for sure to see what foster gets on the open market. I do know the steelers have had a bargain this far in regards to his pay/play ratio. His pass pro this year has been outstanding as referenced by the rankings at the depot.
    Bah, Profootball Focus doesn't rank anyone on our O-line anything more than average.

  9. #39
    Bah, I'm just telling you what the guys over there report after watching the all 22.

    please post the PFF rankings. I would be interested in seeing them.

  10. #40
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Bah, I'm just telling you what the guys over there report after watching the all 22.

    please post the PFF rankings. I would be interested in seeing them.
    Honestly, I find Steelers Depot to be very amateurish.

    I will see if I can get a hold of the PFF rankings. I know they have Starks at the 39th best Tackle out of all starting Tackles.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •