This is a very madden-like way to look at it
    lol. exactly.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Bruce Arians didn't know how to put together an offensive line.

The C is typically the smallest offensive lineman. He tends to be short and lean. The Gs are typically stocky bowling balls of muscle. The Ts are typically the tallest offensive linemen, and are very lean and long.

Arians thought that Doug Legursky, who has the body of a C, was good to play G, and that Willie Colon, who has the body of a G, was good to play T. Combine those misfits with Chris Kemoeatu, and you get a terrible offensive line.
    So true my friend.
    Thats why it's time to bench Beachum and start Adams.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    If youve seen starks play recently youd see that hes done. His knees are shot, hes only 32 but theres nothing left in the tank
    I know; I was asking why he's been cut by three different teams in the last 12 months if he's even half as awesome as half the fan base proclaims he is.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kraig Urbik agrees to pay cut with Bills

Posted by Josh Alper on March 17, 2015, 10:32 AM EDT

The Bills are reportedly still planning to make a run at signing tight end Charles Clay away from the Dolphins with their need to craft an offer the Dolphins can’t match standing as the fly in the ointment.

Having a little more money to throw into said offer probably wouldn’t hurt and the Bills have created some by getting guard Kraig Urbik to agree to a pay cut. Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports that Urbik’s salary will be cut in each of the next two seasons.

Urbik was set to make $2.65 million in base salary this season with another $300,000 due as a roster bonus before seeing his salary rise to $2.975 in 2016. Rodak reports he slashed $1.5 million from his pay for 2015 and reduced his salary to $1.2 million for the 2016 season.

Urbik started the final nine games of last season at left guard after the team pulled the plug on Cyril Richardson as the replacement for an injured Chris Williams. He didn’t play particularly well, but he should be in the mix for a starting job again this year along with Williams, Richardson and Richie Incognito.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/17/kraig-urbik-takes-pay-cut-with-bills/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess a pay cut beats getting cut completely for a fringe player like Urbik

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Kraig Urbik agrees to pay cut with Bills

Posted by Josh Alper on March 17, 2015, 10:32 AM EDT

The Bills are reportedly still planning to make a run at signing tight end Charles Clay away from the Dolphins with their need to craft an offer the Dolphins can’t match standing as the fly in the ointment.

Having a little more money to throw into said offer probably wouldn’t hurt and the Bills have created some by getting guard Kraig Urbik to agree to a pay cut. Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports that Urbik’s salary will be cut in each of the next two seasons.

Urbik was set to make $2.65 million in base salary this season with another $300,000 due as a roster bonus before seeing his salary rise to $2.975 in 2016. Rodak reports he slashed $1.5 million from his pay for 2015 and reduced his salary to $1.2 million for the 2016 season.

Urbik started the final nine games of last season at left guard after the team pulled the plug on Cyril Richardson as the replacement for an injured Chris Williams. He didn’t play particularly well, but he should be in the mix for a starting job again this year along with Williams, Richardson and Richie Incognito.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/17/kraig-urbik-takes-pay-cut-with-bills/[/URL]
    The way people talked about him on here I thought he made the pro bowl
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The way people talked about him on here I thought he made the pro bowl
    LOL....no

I know what you mean though, like they let the next Josh Sitton slip through their fingers. Urbik is and always has been terrible, playing at a serviceable level next to Levitre and Wood for one season does not subtract him sucking hard ever since he entered the league

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

steelers made the correct choice in keeping foster though some here will never admit it

so it goes

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    LOL....no

I know what you mean though, like they let the next Josh Sitton slip through their fingers. Urbik is and always has been terrible, playing at a serviceable level next to Levitre and Wood for one season does not subtract him sucking hard ever since he entered the league
    his name was brought up like he was the one that got away... lol.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"