Thread: Did Ben Come Back to Early?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Did Ben Come Back to Early?

Should Ben have taken an extra week or 2 off and let Charlie stay at QB?

In retrospect, Charlie had gotten into a groove and Ben still looks a little uncomfortable on some of his passes. On the one hand, he looked ok throwing a 65 yard bomb to Wally. But then he was bouncing other passes, a little off, and throwing a duck for an INT.

Hopefully Ben's feeling better going into the Cincy game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Probably...but that is nothing new.

He did bounce several passes last week...It appears his shoulder is bothering him....

But Ben is not the only problem as of late...He wasn't playing well in the KC game before the injury....The offensive is just plain offensive....

Starter

User Info Menu

Without an effective running game everything pretty much falls on Ben and a less than 100% Ben just isn't enough to win games with.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Should Ben have taken an extra week or 2 off and let Charlie stay at QB?

In retrospect, Charlie had gotten into a groove and Ben still looks a little uncomfortable on some of his passes. On the one hand, he looked ok throwing a 65 yard bomb to Wally. But then he was bouncing other passes, a little off, and throwing a duck for an INT.

Hopefully Ben's feeling better going into the Cincy game.
    The bomb to Mike Wallace was underthrown too. Ben's actually lucky that neither of the trailing DBs had any ball awareness or it could have been intercepted. I don't know if he's come back too early, but I do believe that his shoulder is more than likely still bothering him to some degree, because he hasn't looked very sharp in either game he's played since the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Without an effective running game everything pretty much falls on Ben and a less than 100% Ben just isn't enough to win games with.
    I'd say if he's 80% or less, then he wouldn't be able to carry the team. Nobody is 100% this late in the season, and I think Ben is probably about 75% or 80% right now. It's a lot better than being less than 50% like he was at the end of last season, but still just beat-up enough to affect his performance.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Cincy game means everything. I'm glad he got some time under his belt to work some rust off before this weekend. I would hate for this game to be his first game back after a long layoff.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Cincy game means everything. I'm glad he got some time under his belt to work some rust off before this weekend. I would hate for this game to be his first game back after a long layoff.
    I agree. It is a one game season now and Ben going into Sunday without a game under his belt is not the recipe for success.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

I don't think he came back to early.

Has he been rusty? Yes. His decision making hasn't been the greatest either. That's on Ben and I won't give him a free pass on his decision making because of injury.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He looked fine to me. He probably tweaked his injury a little bit on that ILL-ADVISED keeper where he took a nice shot from the linebacker. WTF was that call?