Thread: Did Ben Come Back to Early?

Legend

Did Ben Come Back to Early?

Should Ben have taken an extra week or 2 off and let Charlie stay at QB?

In retrospect, Charlie had gotten into a groove and Ben still looks a little uncomfortable on some of his passes. On the one hand, he looked ok throwing a 65 yard bomb to Wally. But then he was bouncing other passes, a little off, and throwing a duck for an INT.

Hopefully Ben's feeling better going into the Cincy game.

Probably...but that is nothing new.

He did bounce several passes last week...It appears his shoulder is bothering him....

But Ben is not the only problem as of late...He wasn't playing well in the KC game before the injury....The offensive is just plain offensive....

Without an effective running game everything pretty much falls on Ben and a less than 100% Ben just isn't enough to win games with.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Should Ben have taken an extra week or 2 off and let Charlie stay at QB?

In retrospect, Charlie had gotten into a groove and Ben still looks a little uncomfortable on some of his passes. On the one hand, he looked ok throwing a 65 yard bomb to Wally. But then he was bouncing other passes, a little off, and throwing a duck for an INT.

Hopefully Ben's feeling better going into the Cincy game.
    The bomb to Mike Wallace was underthrown too. Ben's actually lucky that neither of the trailing DBs had any ball awareness or it could have been intercepted. I don't know if he's come back too early, but I do believe that his shoulder is more than likely still bothering him to some degree, because he hasn't looked very sharp in either game he's played since the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Without an effective running game everything pretty much falls on Ben and a less than 100% Ben just isn't enough to win games with.
    I'd say if he's 80% or less, then he wouldn't be able to carry the team. Nobody is 100% this late in the season, and I think Ben is probably about 75% or 80% right now. It's a lot better than being less than 50% like he was at the end of last season, but still just beat-up enough to affect his performance.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    The Cincy game means everything. I'm glad he got some time under his belt to work some rust off before this weekend. I would hate for this game to be his first game back after a long layoff.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Cincy game means everything. I'm glad he got some time under his belt to work some rust off before this weekend. I would hate for this game to be his first game back after a long layoff.
    I agree. It is a one game season now and Ben going into Sunday without a game under his belt is not the recipe for success.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I don't think he came back to early.

Has he been rusty? Yes. His decision making hasn't been the greatest either. That's on Ben and I won't give him a free pass on his decision making because of injury.

He looked fine to me. He probably tweaked his injury a little bit on that ILL-ADVISED keeper where he took a nice shot from the linebacker. WTF was that call?