Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Did Ben Come Back to Early?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Did Ben Come Back to Early?

    Should Ben have taken an extra week or 2 off and let Charlie stay at QB?

    In retrospect, Charlie had gotten into a groove and Ben still looks a little uncomfortable on some of his passes. On the one hand, he looked ok throwing a 65 yard bomb to Wally. But then he was bouncing other passes, a little off, and throwing a duck for an INT.

    Hopefully Ben's feeling better going into the Cincy game.

  2. #2
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Probably...but that is nothing new.

    He did bounce several passes last week...It appears his shoulder is bothering him....

    But Ben is not the only problem as of late...He wasn't playing well in the KC game before the injury....The offensive is just plain offensive....

  3. #3
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Without an effective running game everything pretty much falls on Ben and a less than 100% Ben just isn't enough to win games with.

  4. #4
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Should Ben have taken an extra week or 2 off and let Charlie stay at QB?

    In retrospect, Charlie had gotten into a groove and Ben still looks a little uncomfortable on some of his passes. On the one hand, he looked ok throwing a 65 yard bomb to Wally. But then he was bouncing other passes, a little off, and throwing a duck for an INT.

    Hopefully Ben's feeling better going into the Cincy game.
    The bomb to Mike Wallace was underthrown too. Ben's actually lucky that neither of the trailing DBs had any ball awareness or it could have been intercepted. I don't know if he's come back too early, but I do believe that his shoulder is more than likely still bothering him to some degree, because he hasn't looked very sharp in either game he's played since the injury.


    Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Without an effective running game everything pretty much falls on Ben and a less than 100% Ben just isn't enough to win games with.
    I'd say if he's 80% or less, then he wouldn't be able to carry the team. Nobody is 100% this late in the season, and I think Ben is probably about 75% or 80% right now. It's a lot better than being less than 50% like he was at the end of last season, but still just beat-up enough to affect his performance.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The Cincy game means everything. I'm glad he got some time under his belt to work some rust off before this weekend. I would hate for this game to be his first game back after a long layoff.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Cincy game means everything. I'm glad he got some time under his belt to work some rust off before this weekend. I would hate for this game to be his first game back after a long layoff.
    I agree. It is a one game season now and Ben going into Sunday without a game under his belt is not the recipe for success.

  7. #7
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    I don't think he came back to early.

    Has he been rusty? Yes. His decision making hasn't been the greatest either. That's on Ben and I won't give him a free pass on his decision making because of injury.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    He looked fine to me. He probably tweaked his injury a little bit on that ILL-ADVISED keeper where he took a nice shot from the linebacker. WTF was that call?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •