Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: There could be a bright spot in all of this....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I watch lots of SEC games and who are the 3-4 ILBs better than T'eo? I can't fugure who they are based on the games I watched.
    There have been a few scouts that say CJ Mosley of Alabama for one. Have you seen Kevin Minter? Both of them would be great compliments to Timmons at 3-4 ILB later and will be available in the 2nd round.

DL is stacked this year and we would be fools to waste a 1st round pick on an ILB or a 4-3 LB.

Hell, Alec Ogletree is going to develop into one of the league's nastiest LB'ers in a long time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Stop it. He isn't as good as Kuechly.

Teo is decent but I think there are a good 3 or 4 LB's in the SEC who are better than Teo... I think he is average in pass coverage and should be available in the middle of the 1st round. I wouldn't have a problem picking him 15th... not 10th though...
    7 INT's and 11 PD's from the inside linebacker position? Goodness...I'd like to be that "average".

Show me an SEC ILB who is a more complete LB than T'eo. Come on...let's see it. And I am a huge Kevin Minter fan but he isnt even close. Ogletree? No way, he is limited at the point of attack. C.J. Mosely? Negative.

Let's here it felt....please name us the 3 or 4 ILB in the SEC who are better or as complete an ILB as T'eo is.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    7 INT's and 11 PD's from the inside linebacker position? Goodness...I'd like to be that "average".

Show me an SEC ILB who is a more complete LB than T'eo. Come on...let's see it. And I am a huge Kevin Minter fan but he isnt even close. Ogletree? No way, he is limited at the point of attack. C.J. Mosely? Negative.

Let's here it felt....please name us the 3 or 4 ILB in the SEC who are better or as complete an ILB as T'eo is.
    Right now, probably not one that is equal to Te'o, but that doesn't mean you take him with the 10th pick. Very bad value in a draft that is loaded with stud DL/NT/3-4 OLB.

Have you seen our pass rush? If we are picking around picks 18 to 23, then you pull the trigger on Te'o. NOT with the 10th overall pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Please, I will take the potential game changer of a Mingo/Jordan over Te'o. You can get a stud ILB in the 2nd easily.

Ever hear of Bowman or Bobby Wagner. Value in the first for ILB is just not there. We had this same argument over Hightower last year. He was not worth the first round pick. He has been a just decent LB'er for them this year.
    Yeah and do you know what you would be stuck with? Bruce Irvin. 8 sacks in his rookie year...but only 6 other tackles after that. Sometimes the premium on pass rushers is over-blown. Manti T'eo would have a far greater impact with his 100 plus tackles and ability to drop in coverage. The Steelers dont need a one trick pony. They need leadership and play makers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I watch lots of SEC games and who are the 3-4 ILBs better than T'eo? I can't fugure who they are based on the games I watched.
    Exactly. You are 100% right Ovi.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah and do you know what you would be stuck with? Bruce Irvin. 8 sacks in his rookie year...but only 6 other tackles after that. Sometimes the premium on pass rushers is over-blown. Manti T'eo would have a far greater impact with his 100 plus tackles and ability to drop in coverage. The Steelers dont need a one trick pony. They need leadership and play makers.
    Bull**** and Pure Speculation about an Irvin type player. We're talking about the 10th overall pick here. I've already said that Te'o would be worth looking at later in the 1st round. Not with the 10th overall pick.

How many extra games has Kuechly helped the panthers win this year? None. Their defense still sucks. They have won the games they have lately because of one person. Newton. He has pulled his head out of his ass.

It was a ****ty pick for the Panthers because they could have had nearly the same production by taking a Bobby Wagner in the 2nd or another ILB. You don't take ILB'ers that early.

It is very rarely is a game changing pick for a team to choose a pure LB that high in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

There have been a few scouts that say CJ Mosley of Alabama for one. Have you seen Kevin Minter? Both of them would be great compliments to Timmons at 3-4 ILB later and will be available in the 2nd round.

DL is stacked this year and we would be fools to waste a 1st round pick on an ILB or a 4-3 LB.

Hell, Alec Ogletree is going to develop into one of the league's nastiest LB'ers in a long time.
    I don't think any you mention are as complete a package as T'eo.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

....Ever hear of Bowman or Bobby Wagner. Value in the first for ILB is just not there. We had this same argument over Hightower last year. He was not worth the first round pick. He has been a just decent LB'er for them this year.
    You can not compare the skill sets of Donte Hightower with that of Manti T'eo. Not even close. But in defense of Hightower, he has turned out to be just what I said he would be. A first year starter. At 55 tackles, 3 sacks and 6 tackles for loss isnt too bad.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You can not compare the skill sets of Donte Hightower with that of Manti T'eo. Not even close. But in defense of Hightower, he has turned out to be just what I said he would be. A first year starter. At 55 tackles, 3 sacks and 6 tackles for loss isnt too bad.
    Compare that to Bobby Wagner: 76 tackles, 2 sacks. 6.5 tackles for a loss for a 2nd round pick that plays the same ILB position. Thank you for proving my point.

Not everyone is in love with Manti Te'o as a prospect, everyone loves his story.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well I agree about Kevin Minter. I've been all over him all year but he isnt as complete as T'eo. Not even close. C.J. Mosley is solid but every time I want him I am never "wowed". He never makes that huge splash play or shows any dominance. He does a lot of things good bit nothing great. You can not say that about T'eo.