Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: There could be a bright spot in all of this....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    7 INT's and 11 PD's from the inside linebacker position?.

while that an awesome stat (more then the steelers whole secondary)

how many has he had before this year?

is it an abberation or is it actually a skill he is tremendous at?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    because next year keisel, hampton, harrison, clark, troy, foote are all another year older
    THEY ARE OLD BUT STILL PERFORMING PRETTY WELL (KEISEL, FOOT, CLARK, DEBO)

aND WHAT ABOUT THE HIGH DRAFT PICKS OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT ARE ON THE BENCH THAT WERE TAKEN TO REPLACE THEM (WORLDIS, HEYWARD)

what about spence (who they liked). young Dbs like allen and lewis who have shown promise.

where is this potential on the bench with the offense? we're likely to let one of our biggest weapons leave as a free agent. on a team who's offense ranks in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

besides AB (if he's not fumbling the ball away) who is going to a play maker for this offense? dwyer/redman are average backs and mendy is likely gone too

sorry for the caps BTW, didnt notice it till posted.
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 12-18-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

Actually none. Last year he was used differently. A lot more coming forward than dropping back. As a result his tackles, tackles for loss, and sacks were better. That is one of the great things about him. He is versatile. As a inside LB he can do it all. But he has improved a lot in coverage.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

While Farrior could no longer keep up physically anymore, his leadership kept this team together. Who is the leader on defense now? Clark? Keisel? Foote? They are all getting up there in age. I like having the leader of the defense right in the middle of everything like Potsie was. I like what Timmons brings to the table, but he is certainly not a natural leader (but then again, neither are Troy or Harrison for that matter). Te'o is a born leader of men, who also happens to be tremendously talented as well. The importance of on-field leadership in creating a cohensive unit cannot be overstated. Te'o provides that. You can give him the helmet with the green dot on the back for the next decade. That said, I hope we win our next 6 games and pick at 32 instead.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I will play Dee. My order for the steelers. If he is there pick #1 then move down the list.
    #1 Manti T'eo- Just think he and timmons can be willis an bowman good or better.
    #2 John Jenkins DT/NT- Can move around the d-line I think if needed. He and Ta'amu can be Hamp & Hoke 2.0? Goal line would be jenkins,ta'amu and mclendon inside? Sounds good to me.
    #3 Dion Jordan DE/OLB (has never played OLB)- Seems to be a freak from what I read. Can he be a 3-4 OLB? I don't know.
    #4 Chance Warmack OG- Holy Crap the OL would be good!
    #5 Dee Milliner CB- Why not always need CB's.

Ok I am done playing now. The rest I don't know enough about yet. Also I am picking position more so then pure player. Positions I think the Steelers need help.

Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB (has never played OLB)
    Sam Montgomery DE/OLB (has never played OLB)
    Keenan Allen WR
    Jake Mattews OT
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Matt Barkley QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I will play Dee. My order for the steelers. If he is there pick #1 then move down the list.
    #1 Manti T'eo- Just think he and timmons can be willis an bowman good or better.
    #2 John Jenkins DT/NT- Can move around the d-line I think if needed. He and Ta'amu can be Hamp & Hoke 2.0? Goal line would be jenkins,ta'amu and mclendon inside? Sounds good to me.
    #3 Dion Jordan DE/OLB (has never played OLB)- Seems to be a freak from what I read. Can he be a 3-4 OLB? I don't know.
    #4 Chance Warmack OG- Holy Crap the OL would be good!
    #5 Dee Milliner CB- Why not always need CB's.

Ok I am done playing now. The rest I don't know enough about yet. Also I am picking position more so then pure player. Positions I think the Steelers need help.

Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB (has never played OLB)
    Sam Montgomery DE/OLB (has never played OLB)
    Keenan Allen WR
    Jake Mattews OT
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Matt Barkley QB

NT Johnathan Jenkins from Georgia is a load and has had a very good season so far that has raised his stock. if the Steelers want Jenkins as a successor to Big Snack they will have to select him in the first round, he most likely does not make it out of Round 1.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    NT Johnathan Jenkins from Georgia is a load and has had a very good season so far that has raised his stock. if the Steelers want Jenkins as a successor to Big Snack they will have to select him in the first round, he most likely does not make it out of Round 1.
    Just to point out those are my "grades" or wish list for the 1st round pick. If T'eo is gone at our pick. My 2nd choice is Jenkins at this point. I tend to agree with you HS that a massive force inside will help everyone else. I figure the board draft guru's will let us knew if he is good as Hamp was coming out or better. Also if Hamp would come come back healthy, in shape at vet min would you guys want him for a back up (mentor) for a Jenkins and Ta'amu? Also what about Johnathan Hankins in the first?
    Last edited by SS Laser; 12-19-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Also if Hamp would come come back healthy, in shape at vet min would you guys want him for a back up (mentor) for a Jenkins and Ta'amu?
    a lot really depends on how the Steelers truly feel about Steve McLendon, I had high hopes for him this season but he has hardly gotten any playing time.

but if Big Snack were indeed healthy and willing to play for the vet minimum I would think we would bring him back for another season to help mentor all of the young NTs we would have.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

It's the front 4. Anyone who is familiar with ND's defense from a year ago knows they were awful and undersized. They did a complete 180 in the trenches.

Not trying to discredit T'eo but he plays on a very good D who keeps him clean... PITT wasn't that good this year but Graham is an NFL talent and T'eo couldn't do anything with him.

PITT should have won that game.... horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE pass int call and a missed chip shot by the kicker is the reason they survived that game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    a lot really depends on how the Steelers truly feel about Steve McLendon, I had high hopes for him this season but he has hardly gotten any playing time.

but if Big Snack were indeed healthy and willing to play for the vet minimum I would think we would bring him back for another season to help mentor all of the young NTs we would have.
    I'm at a loss why McClendon isn't getting more time. Every time he gets in he makes something happen or gets good penetration. Then he gets sent to the bench.. makes me wonder if getting in the backfield isn't his assignment.