Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: There could be a bright spot in all of this....

Legend

User Info Menu

Mel Kiper recently predicted that the Chiefs would take Manti Te'o with the No. 1 overall pick.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Name the last team to take a MLB in the top ten picks and turn out to be a game changer? Can't do it. T'eo is not Patrick Willis.

You don't take him with the 10th pick. Maybe with the 15th pick. You take a game changer with the 10th overall pick. We're winning one of the last two games and picking 15 to 18.

I'd be pissed if we take T'eo and pass on a game changer that rushes the passer with the 10th overall pick.
    Well then you wouldn't be getting equal value then. The pass rushers that would be there at 10? Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, etc., are all having down years. Even your boy Dion Jordan has had a lack luster year. Is that what you really want?

By the way have seen what Luke Kuechly (9th overall pick), has done this year?

Any ILB who can play down hill, go sideline to sideline, and is above average in pass coverage, is a blue chipper who doesn't come around all that often. And that is what T'eo is.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mel Kiper recently predicted that the Chiefs would take Manti Te'o with the No. 1 overall pick.
    I could see that. He is special. He is the type of player you build a defense around.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I could see that. He is special. He is the type of player you build a defense around.
    I watched Te'o play a couple of times while he was in high school, he was truly a man playing amongst boys.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate ND with all my heart, truely despise them, and would love Te'o in the black and gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a ND fan either but I watch them every week out of hate... The kid is good but I don't think he is THAT good. Their front 7 our beast... but I also watched PITT totally destroy them on the ground and Teo was abused by Graham in the open field.

Don't get me wrong... he could be solid but I don't think he is a game changer at the next level and I would be disappointed if we picked him at 10.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well then you wouldn't be getting equal value then. The pass rushers that would be there at 10? Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, etc., are all having down years. Even your boy Dion Jordan has had a lack luster year. Is that what you really want?

Any ILB who can play down hill, go sideline to sideline, and is above average in pass coverage, is a blue chipper who doesn't come around all that often. And that is what T'eo is.
    Stop it. He isn't as good as Kuechly.

Teo is decent but I think there are a good 3 or 4 LB's in the SEC who are better than Teo... I think he is average in pass coverage and should be available in the middle of the 1st round. I wouldn't have a problem picking him 15th... not 10th though...

Legend

User Info Menu

Junior Seau was picked 5th overall once upon a time.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Stop it. He isn't as good as Kuechly.

Teo is decent but I think there are a good 3 or 4 LB's in the SEC who are better than Teo... I think he is average in pass coverage and should be available in the middle of the 1st round. I wouldn't have a problem picking him 15th... not 10th though...

I watch lots of SEC games and who are the 3-4 ILBs better than T'eo? I can't fugure who they are based on the games I watched.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Please, I will take the potential game changer of a Mingo/Jordan over Te'o. You can get a stud ILB in the 2nd easily.

Ever hear of Bowman or Bobby Wagner. Value in the first for ILB is just not there. We had this same argument over Hightower last year. He was not worth the first round pick. He has been a just decent LB'er for them this year.