Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 92

Thread: There could be a bright spot in all of this....

  1. #21
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,078
    Mel Kiper recently predicted that the Chiefs would take Manti Te'o with the No. 1 overall pick.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Name the last team to take a MLB in the top ten picks and turn out to be a game changer? Can't do it. T'eo is not Patrick Willis.

    You don't take him with the 10th pick. Maybe with the 15th pick. You take a game changer with the 10th overall pick. We're winning one of the last two games and picking 15 to 18.

    I'd be pissed if we take T'eo and pass on a game changer that rushes the passer with the 10th overall pick.
    Well then you wouldn't be getting equal value then. The pass rushers that would be there at 10? Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, etc., are all having down years. Even your boy Dion Jordan has had a lack luster year. Is that what you really want?

    By the way have seen what Luke Kuechly (9th overall pick), has done this year?

    Any ILB who can play down hill, go sideline to sideline, and is above average in pass coverage, is a blue chipper who doesn't come around all that often. And that is what T'eo is.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mel Kiper recently predicted that the Chiefs would take Manti Te'o with the No. 1 overall pick.
    I could see that. He is special. He is the type of player you build a defense around.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  4. #24
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I could see that. He is special. He is the type of player you build a defense around.
    I watched Te'o play a couple of times while he was in high school, he was truly a man playing amongst boys.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,321
    I hate ND with all my heart, truely despise them, and would love Te'o in the black and gold.

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,715
    Not a ND fan either but I watch them every week out of hate... The kid is good but I don't think he is THAT good. Their front 7 our beast... but I also watched PITT totally destroy them on the ground and Teo was abused by Graham in the open field.

    Don't get me wrong... he could be solid but I don't think he is a game changer at the next level and I would be disappointed if we picked him at 10.

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well then you wouldn't be getting equal value then. The pass rushers that would be there at 10? Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, etc., are all having down years. Even your boy Dion Jordan has had a lack luster year. Is that what you really want?

    By the way have seen what Luke Kuechly (9th overall pick), has done this year?

    Any ILB who can play down hill, go sideline to sideline, and is above average in pass coverage, is a blue chipper who doesn't come around all that often. And that is what T'eo is.
    Stop it. He isn't as good as Kuechly.

    Teo is decent but I think there are a good 3 or 4 LB's in the SEC who are better than Teo... I think he is average in pass coverage and should be available in the middle of the 1st round. I wouldn't have a problem picking him 15th... not 10th though...

  8. #28
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,017
    Junior Seau was picked 5th overall once upon a time.

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,865
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Stop it. He isn't as good as Kuechly.

    Teo is decent but I think there are a good 3 or 4 LB's in the SEC who are better than Teo... I think he is average in pass coverage and should be available in the middle of the 1st round. I wouldn't have a problem picking him 15th... not 10th though...

    I watch lots of SEC games and who are the 3-4 ILBs better than T'eo? I can't fugure who they are based on the games I watched.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well then you wouldn't be getting equal value then. The pass rushers that would be there at 10? Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, etc., are all having down years. Even your boy Dion Jordan has had a lack luster year. Is that what you really want?

    By the way have seen what Luke Kuechly (9th overall pick), has done this year?

    Any ILB who can play down hill, go sideline to sideline, and is above average in pass coverage, is a blue chipper who doesn't come around all that often. And that is what T'eo is.
    Please, I will take the potential game changer of a Mingo/Jordan over Te'o. You can get a stud ILB in the 2nd easily.

    Ever hear of Bowman or Bobby Wagner. Value in the first for ILB is just not there. We had this same argument over Hightower last year. He was not worth the first round pick. He has been a just decent LB'er for them this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •