Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers in talks with Mendy for new contract...bwaaaaahahahahahah

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Really? All he has been has been "potential" without every delivery game-changing plays. When is it time to realize that if "potential" doesn't happen for 4-5 years, it is no longer potential, but a FAILED, UNREALIZED potential?
    Oh, a failure?

847 rushes, 3,480 yards, 29 TD's, 75 catches, 660 yards, 2 TD's.... what a horrendous player.

Remembering that Year 1 & Year 5 of Mendenhall's career have been washouts through injury.

If that's a failed player- there must be very few success stories in the NFL. You can not like a player without disregarding what his abilities are. Fact is, Mendenhall offers more game changing ability than the likes of Dwyer & Redman, and if the Steelers lose their other game changing player- Mike Wallace- they might need someone that can break a game open.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see a problem with them signing RM. He's not the problem here. The FO and coaches see him every day and I have a fair amount of confidence in them despite a rough year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Averaging 1100+ yards and close to 10 TDs rushing a year over his 3 years as the full time starter is far from unrealized potential. That's just silly.

I'm not a huge fan of him as a running back, but he certainly hasn't been a failure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't being clear in my intentions. I was being facetious.
    thank goodness, I was getting worried about you there for a minute...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't see a problem with them signing RM. He's not the problem here. The FO and coaches see him every day and I have a fair amount of confidence in them despite a rough year.
    I disagree. We have a chemistry/attitude problem and he is the ring leader of said problem. He is such not the problem that he isn't showing up for games and is getting suspended. That sounds like a real "non problem" to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I disagree. We have a chemistry/attitude problem and he is the ring leader of said problem. He is such not the problem that he isn't showing up for games and is getting suspended. That sounds like a real "non problem" to me.
    there is no "I" in team, but there is definitely a "Me" in Mendenhall...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm torn on this one.

we need a RB and if we can get him cheap, I could see this move being made. However, he does seem like he isn't fully committed at times.

tough one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure,lets reward him with a nice 3 year contract for his unparalleled performance this season.
    A season filled with injuries,fumbles, a suspension. Let's not forget to mention the lack of support he showed for his teammates by not showing up on gameday.
    While the front office is at it, why not throw 15 million a year to the malcontent, a.k.a. Mr. Wallace
    Whats the worst that could happen?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't mind the signing if it's true, Dwyer to me is not the dedicated one and Red is not the answer.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I think if someone ever blocked for Mendy, he could be great.