Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wally is our new BA

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Burny's production is right inline with Michael Crabtree, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Mike Williams, TY Hilton, Nate Washington.
    Based on this year only....his entire body of work puts him much higher on the chart....

The sad part is that we don't have another receiver better than him this year....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Based on this year only....his entire body of work puts him much higher on the chart....

The sad part is that we don't have another receiver better than him this year....
    You could also argue the opposite that he's lacked concentration/focus in a contract year. How committed is he to football? Perhaps he belongs even lower now that we know a little more about him.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You could also argue the opposite that he's lacked concentration/focus in a contract year. How committed is he to football? Perhaps he belongs even lower now that we know a little more about him.
    You could argue that the majority of the team has lost concentration/focus through out parts of the year....

People are fine with resigning Mendy....talk about loss of focus....

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm not the Mike Wallace "hater" like some are. I would like to keep Wallace at a reasonable dollar amount. I would not pay him 10-12 mil / year...

I see a guy that shows:

1) Elite Speed when motivated - Isn't he supposed to be one of the fastests guys in the NFL? Seems odd the CB from Dallas torched him on Ben's INT. Just sayin?!?!
    2) Average hands
    3) Non-Agressive
    4) Lacks concentratoin - By his own admission
    5) A deep threat
    6) Has trouble adjusting to the ball
    7) Not a one-trick poney but close

He brings one very important aspect to this team. The ability to take the top off the coverage. I don't know what that's work in $$ amount but I don't think it's worth 10/million a year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    In the minds of fans, perhaps. But is there unresolveable bitterness between Wallace and Tomlin? Wallace and Colbert? Wallace and Rooney? Wallace and Haley? Wallace and Ben?

As our brother from Toronto pointed out, Hines' holdout was completely forgiven and forgotten my most fans, who came to truly love the guy (well, except for Crash, but that's another story), and Hines' holdout was a much more egregious offense (since he refused to show up in spite of having a contract that he signed, while Wallace had no such signed contract in place).

Speaking of Mike Wallace, I just found out for the first time that Michael is actually his middle name. His actually given name is Burnell Wallace III.

Now tell me...if your name was Burnell Michael Wallace III, and you had his elite level speed, would you use the same name as the old man from 60 Minutes, or would you call yourself Burn Wallace?

In order to truly turn over a leaf with fans, dude needs to come back with a fresh start...a name change (only he would be changing his name back to his actual real name, not some stupid made up crap like Ochocinco or Metta World Peace or Bison Dele or whatever). The stipulation for bringing him back would be to sign on the dotted line as Burn Wallace, not Mike Wallace. Steeler fans hate Mike Wallace. Steeler fans can still grow to love all that Burn Wallace can bring.

Of course, since RG3 has blown up, he could always forget the Bugatti thing and just call himself BMW3 instead. After all, the 3-Series of Beemers is compact and fast. Perfect marketing campaign.

that car should be darker

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm not the Mike Wallace "hater" like some are. I would like to keep Wallace at a reasonable dollar amount. I would not pay him 10-12 mil / year...

I see a guy that shows:

1) Elite Speed when motivated - Isn't he supposed to be one of the fastests guys in the NFL? Seems odd the CB from Dallas torched him on Ben's INT. Just sayin?!?!
    2) Average hands
    3) Non-Agressive
    4) Lacks concentratoin - By his own admission
    5) A deep threat
    6) Has trouble adjusting to the ball
    7) Not a one-trick poney but close

He brings one very important aspect to this team. The ability to take the top off the coverage. I don't know what that's work in $$ amount but I don't think it's worth 10/million a year.
    You have accurately captured the feelings of the vast majority of the fans who would like him to stay but not at a premium price he doesn't deserve. That isn't being a "hater" that is using your brain.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You have accurately captured the feelings of the vast majority of the fans who would like him to stay but not at a premium price he doesn't deserve. That isn't being a "hater" that is using your brain.
    All those intangibles or lack there of and he is still the leading receiver on this team...

Lets just hope AB steps it up and becomes a #1....

We will need to draft another receiver if he leaves.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what is a premium price?

8 million per?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wallace has stepped it up the last few games after the article came out and he admitted he was losing focus. I think he has been targeted more and his effort has gone up. Route running is something that can be improved if he wants to improve. He has to accept coaching and apply himself. He isn't that poor of a route runner. Right now this offense needs him to step up because the running game is falling apart. Dwyer seems to have hit his proverbial wall and Redman gets hurt all the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    that car should be darker
    Here ya go...and it kinda has a mohawk like Wallace too.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.