Thread: Can any of you play CB?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can any of you play CB?

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9b3A?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter& utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers[/url]

Originally drafted in the 4th round by the Rams. From Monroeville and played at PSU. Why am I not shocked that they picked up someone who grew up in WPA. Do the Rooneys think that people from the Pgh area have magical powers or something? He did run a 4.3 40 though. Cut by the Colts this year after 3 games in. Must have something wrong with him. The pickings sure are thin, as would be expected. If he shows any promise he will be hurt within a game.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_King_%28American_football%29[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Football Focus rated Justin King as the absolute worst CB in the NFL last season...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I probably couldn't keep up with Casey Hampton in a sprint. But I'd give it a try. I'd probably die after 1 play. But I could always say I played in the NFL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Pro Football Focus rated Justin King as the absolute worst CB in the NFL last season...
    Aaaaahahahahahahahaha. That figures. He must have zero instincts. Just some guy who can run fast straight forward and that is it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Aaaaahahahahahahahaha. That figures. He must have zero instincts. Just some guy who can run fast straight forward and that is it.
    he's not supposed to be very physical either, but there aren't an abundance of good CBs around waiting to be signed in Week 16.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Given Chadman's practice in his wrapping up & covering skills during the Christmas Present Wrapping Season, pretty sure Chadman has honed his skills if there are any square, non-moving objects that require coverage. If it moves, or has angles- might need some help over the top.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

CB? Heck, I'm still waiting for Hood & Heyward to do something....anything,they seem to be invisible out there. We need pressure from our front seven or our CB's are on an Island. We only see pressure from silverback and a few times from the beard, the rest are stuck in quicksand it appears.

If we don't get pressure on Dalton we will be in trouble, as our young CB's just don't have enough game time reps to handle players like Green so we better be able to at least make Dalton throw when he doesn't want to.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    CB? Heck, I'm still waiting for Hood & Heyward to do something....anything,they seem to be invisible out there. We need pressure from our front seven or our CB's are on an Island. We only see pressure from silverback and a few times from the beard, the rest are stuck in quicksand it appears.

If we don't get pressure on Dalton we will be in trouble, as our young CB's just don't have enough game time reps to handle players like Green so we better be able to at least make Dalton throw when he doesn't want to.
    At this point, I say we'd better put Troy in coverage over Green most of the day. I haven't seen him do much close to the LOS so better to just have him help in coverage, which will be much needed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i think if we have to rely on our 7th CB does it really matter who it is??
    Bring back Tim McKyer
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I figure that NFL teams, on average, tend to carry 5 corners on their 53 man roster and maybe another corner on their practice squad just in case. There are 32 teams, so 32 X 6 = 192. There are also numerous CB's around the league who have been placed on I.R. and that open roster spot was filled by a free agent CB from the street. This late in the season, the only guys available to sign are 200th (or so) best cornerbacks. The pickins are slim in December, folks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.