Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94

Thread: Wally is our new BA

  1. #71
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Brown has had a couple of bad games after coming off an injury...

    A perfectly healthy Mike Wallace has been less than impressive...
    How soon fans forget? Brown had a couple of bad games, dropped several passes, and only had one TD catch before he was injured.

    Wallace isn't having a good season catching the ball and in ypc compared to his past seasons. He's still done pretty well with 823 yards and 8td's. Let's not forget that he missed all of training camp. Considering the contracts of both players Brown is the one who is under performing.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 12-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.

  2. #72
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    How soon fans forget? Brown had a couple of bad games, dropped several passes, and only had one TD pass before he was injured.

    Wallace isn't having a good season compared to his past seasons. He's still done pretty well with 823 yards and 8td's. Let's not forget that he missed all of training camp. Considering the contracts of both players Brown is the one who is under performing.
    But Brown committed to the team long term and Wallace can't wait to get out of town. That earns Brown a whole bunch of "Good feelings and respect." I'm a huge Brown fan and yes he has struggled at times this season, maybe that is trying too hard because of the contract but he also is asked to make a whole bunch of really hard catches that the other WRs aren't.

    We can all have our favorites, but the reality is Brown is here for the long haul and Wallace can't wait to pack the U-Haul.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #73
    brown has under performed this season, not sure how that can be argued.

    I'm not too sure that he is being asked to make really hard catches the other WRs aren't asked too. That seems pretty subjective.

    I'm not worried about brown as I believe he will get it turned around. I am worried about what this offense will look like without wallaces production next year.

  4. #74
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    brown has under performed this season, not sure how that can be argued.

    I'm not too sure that he is being asked to make really hard catches the other WRs aren't asked too. That seems pretty subjective.

    I'm not worried about brown as I believe he will get it turned around. I am worried about what this offense will look like without wallaces production next year.
    They definitely need to replace the element Wallace brings but I think they feel they can do that for less than $10M per season. WR is not a hard position to restock at. Just look at how we have done it with 3rd round or later picks.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #75
    Antonio Brown has produced 60.7 YpG this season...he has 9 catches of over 20 yards and converted 38 1st downs...

    Mike Wallace has produced 58.8 YpG this season...he also has 9 catches of over 20 yards and converted 32 1st downs...

    There is no question that their roles are different...Wallace runs more deep routes and Brown is asked to work underneath and move the chains...but, it isn't like Wallace is having this epic season compared to Brown...

  6. #76
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But Brown committed to the team long term and Wallace can't wait to get out of town. That earns Brown a whole bunch of "Good feelings and respect." I'm a huge Brown fan and yes he has struggled at times this season, maybe that is trying too hard because of the contract but he also is asked to make a whole bunch of really hard catches that the other WRs aren't.

    We can all have our favorites, but the reality is Brown is here for the long haul and Wallace can't wait to pack the U-Haul.
    This post goes to show people's sentiments towards Wallace because Brown's perceived committed to the team. Brown committed to himself first to the tune of 8+ million dollars. Like Wallace, Brown dropped plenty of catch-able balls.

    I believe Brown's contract is only a 3 year contract. The team can cut Brown sooner rather then later based on the bonus money they gave him. I believe Wallace wanted more of a commitment from the team in upfront dollars so he could be around for the long haul. Wallace will probably receive larger up front money in free agency then the Steelers were willing to offer. I know that I couldn't wait to pack the U-Haul if I knew I were going to hit the lottery in free agency.

  7. #77
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    This post goes to show people's sentiments towards Wallace because Brown's perceived committed to the team. Brown committed to himself first to the tune of 8+ million dollars. Like Wallace, Brown dropped plenty of catch-able balls.

    I believe Brown's contract is only a 3 year contract. The team can cut Brown sooner rather then later based on the bonus money they gave him. I believe Wallace wanted more of a commitment from the team in upfront dollars so he could be around for the long haul. Wallace will probably receive larger up front money in free agency then the Steelers were willing to offer. I know that I couldn't wait to pack the U-Haul if I knew I were going to hit the lottery in free agency.

    Still hope they can keep both but just don't see that happening.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #78
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You could argue similarly about other teams too. Could Wally start for Dallas, SD, NO, Atlanta, Seattle, etc?

    I think Tomlin should send a message and start Cotchery and Plax.
    Good point. Wallace would be a #3 in Atlanta.

    Dallas is another good example. He wouldn't be the #1, that's for sure.

    NO is another good example. I don't know if he would be more than a #3, behind Colston and Moore.

    The bottom line is that Wallace is asking for elite WR money. I don't think he's elite and neither does any NFL team.

  9. #79
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Still hope they can keep both but just don't see that happening.
    I agree. Wallace probably wants 20+ million in guaranteed money. I don't think the Steelers want to guarantee that kind of money to a WR.

  10. #80
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Good point. Wallace would be a #3 in Atlanta.

    Dallas is another good example. He wouldn't be the #1, that's for sure.

    NO is another good example. I don't know if he would be more than a #3, behind Colston and Moore.
    That may be our best hope for retaining Wallace. Good teams already have good #1 receivers. Wallace is most going to be in demand by teams that don't have a good #1 WR which for the most part are bad teams. Maybe that convinces him to stay, but probably not.

    The one exception that would scare me to death is New England. They don't have a true #1 receiver and Wallace would be a major coup for them.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •