Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 94

Thread: Wally is our new BA

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm talking fans in general.

    and I can see both sides of it.
    You could have argued it was too toxic for Ike after the Ten game. But he just kept playing hard and has redeemed himself. Wally can take away the toxic by just performing. As fickle as we react when things go back, we'll embrace a guy just as quickly.

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,175
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You could have argued it was too toxic for Ike after the Ten game. But he just kept playing hard and has redeemed himself. Wally can take away the toxic by just performing. As fickle as we react when things go back, we'll embrace a guy just as quickly.
    Except Ike really wants to be here and Wallace doesn't. That is the dynamic we need to recognize.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #13
    I disagree that wallace would be welcomed back with open arms at this point. The bitterness has been amplified to the point, its better for both sides to part ways.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I disagree that wallace would be welcomed back with open arms at this point. The bitterness has been amplified to the point, its better for both sides to part ways.
    Like the bitterness with Ward while he was holding out or with Ben during the Miledgeville affair? Fans easily forget once a player begins performing.

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Like the bitterness with Ward while he was holding out or with Ben during the Miledgeville affair? Fans easily forget once a player begins performing.
    Although, Ray Lewis stabbing someone and the Patriots SpyGate seem as fresh as if they happened yesterday.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,407
    Wallace is being judged not necessarily for his play on the field, but for our percieved 'value' of him.

    He is not dropping any more passes than any other WR on this team (save for Miller, of course), yet he is roundly critisised for every drop while Sanders & Brown are not recieving anywhere near the same level. We hear that Wallace is underperforming, yet he outstrips every other WR as far as production this season. He doesn't 'put in any effort', yet his production outperforms his peers.

    Last week- 2 TD's & 100+ yards & he 'did his job', no 'he had a good game'.... but Brown doesn't top 100+ yards & we don't say "Brown underperformed". Seems fair & reasonable judgement by those on the board, doesn't it?

    At the risk of obtaining Oviedo's ire & turning into a "Wallace lover"- he is our best WR. What's his value? Hs value is whatever it takes to retain him. They'll be poorer if they lose him- which they will, it would seem.

    Wallace is on track for his 3rd 1000+ yard season. Brown is not even on track for his 2nd. Brown & Sanders are putting the ball on the deck with regularity these last few weeks- not Wallace.

    Let's be fair- Mendenhall was a healthy inactive after he fumbled twice as punishment. It must be Brown's turn to sit as a healthy inactive this week, right?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I disagree that wallace would be welcomed back with open arms at this point. The bitterness has been amplified to the point, its better for both sides to part ways.
    In the minds of fans, perhaps. But is there unresolveable bitterness between Wallace and Tomlin? Wallace and Colbert? Wallace and Rooney? Wallace and Haley? Wallace and Ben?

    As our brother from Toronto pointed out, Hines' holdout was completely forgiven and forgotten my most fans, who came to truly love the guy (well, except for Crash, but that's another story), and Hines' holdout was a much more egregious offense (since he refused to show up in spite of having a contract that he signed, while Wallace had no such signed contract in place).

    Speaking of Mike Wallace, I just found out for the first time that Michael is actually his middle name. His actually given name is Burnell Wallace III.



    Now tell me...if your name was Burnell Michael Wallace III, and you had his elite level speed, would you use the same name as the old man from 60 Minutes, or would you call yourself Burn Wallace?

    In order to truly turn over a leaf with fans, dude needs to come back with a fresh start...a name change (only he would be changing his name back to his actual real name, not some stupid made up crap like Ochocinco or Metta World Peace or Bison Dele or whatever). The stipulation for bringing him back would be to sign on the dotted line as Burn Wallace, not Mike Wallace. Steeler fans hate Mike Wallace. Steeler fans can still grow to love all that Burn Wallace can bring.

    Of course, since RG3 has blown up, he could always forget the Bugatti thing and just call himself BMW3 instead. After all, the 3-Series of Beemers is compact and fast. Perfect marketing campaign.

    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 12-17-2012 at 06:24 PM.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,407
    Every now & then we get an insight into the inner workings of Ruthless' mind.

    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #19
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Wallace is being judged not necessarily for his play on the field, but for our percieved 'value' of him.

    He is not dropping any more passes than any other WR on this team (save for Miller, of course), yet he is roundly critisised for every drop while Sanders & Brown are not recieving anywhere near the same level. We hear that Wallace is underperforming, yet he outstrips every other WR as far as production this season. He doesn't 'put in any effort', yet his production outperforms his peers.

    Last week- 2 TD's & 100+ yards & he 'did his job', no 'he had a good game'.... but Brown doesn't top 100+ yards & we don't say "Brown underperformed". Seems fair & reasonable judgement by those on the board, doesn't it?

    At the risk of obtaining Oviedo's ire & turning into a "Wallace lover"- he is our best WR. What's his value? Hs value is whatever it takes to retain him. They'll be poorer if they lose him- which they will, it would seem.

    Wallace is on track for his 3rd 1000+ yard season. Brown is not even on track for his 2nd. Brown & Sanders are putting the ball on the deck with regularity these last few weeks- not Wallace.

    Let's be fair- Mendenhall was a healthy inactive after he fumbled twice as punishment. It must be Brown's turn to sit as a healthy inactive this week, right?
    You are correct, Chadman, Wallace is still our best WR.

    Wallace has 63 catches for 823 yards and 8 TD's and he is despised by fans.
    Meanwhile, Heath Miller has 68 catches for 771 yards and 8 TD's and he's beloved.

    For how dysfunctional our offense has looked this of late, I would hate to see how much worse it would get if subtracted Wallace's production (not to mention his tendency to draw extra coverage his way which opens up opportunities for others), and we were left with just Brown and Sanders as starters (particularly with their propensity for coughing the ball up lately).

    Consider the combined production of Brown and Sanders this year...100 catches for 1253 yards and 4 TD's...in 25 combined games played. Wallace's best season by himself...in 16 games...was 60 catches for 1257 yards and 10 TD's. Even with Brown finally catching TD's in back-to-back games in the last 2 weeks, Wallace still, in a down year for him statistically, in an offense which does not suit his talents to a 'T', and without any OTA's, minicamps, or training camps, he still has twice as many TD catches this season as Brown and Sanders combined.

  10. #20
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Every now & then we get an insight into the inner workings of Ruthless' mind.

    It's a little weird in here sometimes, but nowhere close to the funhouse that is the inner workings of flippy's mind.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •