Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94

Thread: Wally is our new BA

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Burny's production is right inline with Michael Crabtree, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Mike Williams, TY Hilton, Nate Washington.
    Based on this year only....his entire body of work puts him much higher on the chart....

    The sad part is that we don't have another receiver better than him this year....

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,379
    Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Based on this year only....his entire body of work puts him much higher on the chart....

    The sad part is that we don't have another receiver better than him this year....
    You could also argue the opposite that he's lacked concentration/focus in a contract year. How committed is he to football? Perhaps he belongs even lower now that we know a little more about him.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You could also argue the opposite that he's lacked concentration/focus in a contract year. How committed is he to football? Perhaps he belongs even lower now that we know a little more about him.
    You could argue that the majority of the team has lost concentration/focus through out parts of the year....

    People are fine with resigning Mendy....talk about loss of focus....

  4. #44
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,473
    I'm not the Mike Wallace "hater" like some are. I would like to keep Wallace at a reasonable dollar amount. I would not pay him 10-12 mil / year...

    I see a guy that shows:

    1) Elite Speed when motivated - Isn't he supposed to be one of the fastests guys in the NFL? Seems odd the CB from Dallas torched him on Ben's INT. Just sayin?!?!
    2) Average hands
    3) Non-Agressive
    4) Lacks concentratoin - By his own admission
    5) A deep threat
    6) Has trouble adjusting to the ball
    7) Not a one-trick poney but close

    He brings one very important aspect to this team. The ability to take the top off the coverage. I don't know what that's work in $$ amount but I don't think it's worth 10/million a year.
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

  5. #45
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    In the minds of fans, perhaps. But is there unresolveable bitterness between Wallace and Tomlin? Wallace and Colbert? Wallace and Rooney? Wallace and Haley? Wallace and Ben?

    As our brother from Toronto pointed out, Hines' holdout was completely forgiven and forgotten my most fans, who came to truly love the guy (well, except for Crash, but that's another story), and Hines' holdout was a much more egregious offense (since he refused to show up in spite of having a contract that he signed, while Wallace had no such signed contract in place).

    Speaking of Mike Wallace, I just found out for the first time that Michael is actually his middle name. His actually given name is Burnell Wallace III.



    Now tell me...if your name was Burnell Michael Wallace III, and you had his elite level speed, would you use the same name as the old man from 60 Minutes, or would you call yourself Burn Wallace?

    In order to truly turn over a leaf with fans, dude needs to come back with a fresh start...a name change (only he would be changing his name back to his actual real name, not some stupid made up crap like Ochocinco or Metta World Peace or Bison Dele or whatever). The stipulation for bringing him back would be to sign on the dotted line as Burn Wallace, not Mike Wallace. Steeler fans hate Mike Wallace. Steeler fans can still grow to love all that Burn Wallace can bring.

    Of course, since RG3 has blown up, he could always forget the Bugatti thing and just call himself BMW3 instead. After all, the 3-Series of Beemers is compact and fast. Perfect marketing campaign.

    that car should be darker

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm not the Mike Wallace "hater" like some are. I would like to keep Wallace at a reasonable dollar amount. I would not pay him 10-12 mil / year...

    I see a guy that shows:

    1) Elite Speed when motivated - Isn't he supposed to be one of the fastests guys in the NFL? Seems odd the CB from Dallas torched him on Ben's INT. Just sayin?!?!
    2) Average hands
    3) Non-Agressive
    4) Lacks concentratoin - By his own admission
    5) A deep threat
    6) Has trouble adjusting to the ball
    7) Not a one-trick poney but close

    He brings one very important aspect to this team. The ability to take the top off the coverage. I don't know what that's work in $$ amount but I don't think it's worth 10/million a year.
    You have accurately captured the feelings of the vast majority of the fans who would like him to stay but not at a premium price he doesn't deserve. That isn't being a "hater" that is using your brain.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You have accurately captured the feelings of the vast majority of the fans who would like him to stay but not at a premium price he doesn't deserve. That isn't being a "hater" that is using your brain.
    All those intangibles or lack there of and he is still the leading receiver on this team...

    Lets just hope AB steps it up and becomes a #1....

    We will need to draft another receiver if he leaves.

  8. #48
    what is a premium price?

    8 million per?

  9. #49
    Wallace has stepped it up the last few games after the article came out and he admitted he was losing focus. I think he has been targeted more and his effort has gone up. Route running is something that can be improved if he wants to improve. He has to accept coaching and apply himself. He isn't that poor of a route runner. Right now this offense needs him to step up because the running game is falling apart. Dwyer seems to have hit his proverbial wall and Redman gets hurt all the time.

  10. #50
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,331
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    that car should be darker
    Here ya go...and it kinda has a mohawk like Wallace too.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •