Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter King calls Steeler fans on the internet "scary" and "alarmist"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Only 'scary' part is when messege board fans turn into messege board hero's & can't see that everyone has a point of view.

But from what Chadman can tell, that's just being 'American', isn't it?
    I think that's the human condition. Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one. No one ever wants to look at the other guy's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There's a series on HBO called 'Boardwalk Empire'. Greatest series ever. It takes place in the Prohibition Era in Atlantic City where people go for their booze. The guy that runs the town (Steve Buscemi) is named Enoch "Nucky" Thompson. He's half politician and half gangster. Since it takes place in the 20s/30s, the cars he rides around in look similar to yours.
    Are the Rooneys ever mentioned in this show ? lol

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    Who cares what Peter King thinks? Discussion boards are where opinionated fans who can't get enough of football go. I think it says a lot that a sportwriter goes to a Steeler discussion forum in the first place.
    Apparently Peter King's wife is a Pittsburgh native so she's probably the one who was reading the Steelers messageboards then informing him about what was going on in Steeler Nation.

Backup

User Info Menu

The scary and alarmist part is that many message board fans still believe that the Steelers will make the playoffs...

Seriously though, I haven't seen many posts regarding the firing of Tomlin..but obviously he has to take some responsibility with the Steeler' performance this year...

But fans ready to give up on him??? I don't get that....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was supposed to be a Tomlin basher last season if Arians was still with the team but, I held off. This season if Arians was still with the team, I was going to start a " Fire Tomlin " now thread. As it turned out, Rooney had enough of Arians so, no need for my scary alarmist type attitude.
    As for Tomlin and being the head coach, the stink always rises to the top. When a team isn't doing well it's on the coaches. Not the interceptions, or the fumbles that is on the players to a point but, when it starts to become your teams identity or you just expect fumbles or losing in overtime, that is the coaches fault.

Peter King never impressed me as a sports writer he should direct his attentions to sumo wrestling. He seems to have more in common with those guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There's a series on HBO called 'Boardwalk Empire'. Greatest series ever. It takes place in the Prohibition Era in Atlantic City where people go for their booze. The guy that runs the town (Steve Buscemi) is named Enoch "Nucky" Thompson. He's half politician and half gangster. Since it takes place in the 20s/30s, the cars he rides around in look similar to yours.
    I am sure glad that we don't see this happen in our modern, enlightened society.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]