Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Division Title Not Out Of Reach...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I want to get into the playoffs, but I don't have any illusions about this team. They are not that good, but if they could jump from #6 to #4, they might do a little damage.

baltimore looks to be imploding in epic fashion. I really could see them losing out. The terrible spot on that 4th and 29 may save their season even though they are one and done, more than likely.

if nothing else, this season has been a roller coaster ride.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Your workhorse back had 9 carries and rushed for 2.4 yards per carry.

His backup had 3 carries and rushed for 10.0 yards per carry.

The tiny 170-lb back had 3 carries and rushed for 5.0 yards per carry.
    So when does your "work horse" back get 9 carries? Wow. That sounds like a real work horse. That's like saying you took your work horse and plowed 20' with him in a day. Oh, and gee, what happened when Redman got 3 carries? He got hurt, AGAIN. Why am I right so much of the time?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's probably true because they feel snake bitten. Yesterday, late in the game was a microcosm of the season. Keenan Lewis makes a great play to break up a pass intended for Bryant and lands awkwardly and can't return to the field. The Steelers put the last healthy corner back available on the field. Hell, Tate Golden got significant snaps at nickel back or dime back. Even as the players that replace the injured player begin to get in a groove, they then get injured. The whole season has been that way. The Steelers haven't even been close to fielding a team with even 80-85 percent of their starters this season. That's somewhere between 18 and 19 of your starting lineup that would have to be on the field. It seems that at least 4-5 players can't go each week that the Steelers count as a starter. Harrison, Woodley, Ben, Ike, Troy, Ryan, Mendnhall, Dwyer, Redman, Adams, Gilbert, Foster and then yesterday, the icing on the cake, Keenan Lewis who has been playing good football makes a play and injures himself, unbelievable.

They know how to win, they want to win, but playing with players that need to be developed, but not during a game against a good quarterback isn't a recipe for winning and, yet, the Steelers were there with the chance to win the game and the unlikeliest of players makes his only mistake of the day in overtime.

That's the way it has gone this year, sucks.

Pappy
    Reading their comments and studying the players' body language, if they answered the question honestly, they can't wait for this season to end.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    So when does your "work horse" back get 9 carries? Wow. That sounds like a real work horse. That's like saying you took your work horse and plowed 20' with him in a day. Oh, and gee, what happened when Redman got 3 carries? He got hurt, AGAIN. Why am I right so much of the time?
    Redman didn't get hurt too badly, did he? I thought I saw him in again a few plays later.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I hate talk like this. Who really cares if the div title is "in reach?" They stink. Even if they make the play offs, they are going no where. Whatever is wrong with this team (and there are MANY options to speak of) isn't going to be fixed at this point. It's over. This team is rotting, stinking garbage and it starts with immature mindsets and attitudes, a head coach who doesn't know how to manage it, and so on. I also think they are a strong case of "trying to be too cute" with play calling. What happened to them wanting to make Dwyer the "work horse back?" What did he have, 5 carries? When you run your tiny 170-lb back more than your "work horse" back, I'd say you ventured off your plan quite a bit.
    I could not possibly care less about your opinion.

I do know that, if this somehow comes to pass, I will, for the first time, buy an AFC North Division Champion shirt...because this would end up being the most difficult divisional title ever....

Legend

User Info Menu

So when does your "work horse" back get 9 carries?
    When that's about all your work horse back's conditioning will allow. Plus your work horse needs to get more than 2.4 yards per carry for the O to keep the ball longer and to get more carries.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Redman didn't get hurt too badly, did he? I thought I saw him in again a few plays later.
    I think you might be right. But he was dinged from running 3 plays - just not a good sign. His initials aren't "IR" for nothing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    When that's about all your work horse back's conditioning will allow. Plus your work horse needs to get more than 2.4 yards per carry for the O to keep the ball longer and to get more carries.
    And, it helps when your work horse has just a little open space, in order to work up any momentum. There was absolutely no holes made by the O line all day long.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just beat Cincinnati. That is all.

Legend

User Info Menu

And, it helps when your work horse has just a little open space, in order to work up any momentum. There was absolutely no holes made by the O line all day long.
    The guy with the initials "IR" was able to find a hole for 22 yards. Sure, he got nicked up on the play, but he did come back later as Terry's Barber already noted. The same thing would have happened to your boy who had 8 fewer yards on 3 times the number of carries, because whenever he runs for 22 yards, he also immediately leaves the field for oxygen treatments because of how winded he is, then comes back later.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.