Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy have been absent 3 years and counting...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our secondary and defense can't be viewed in the normal light with all the injuries. Too many injuries in the secondary preventd a better pass rush, a softer approach all the way around in my opinion.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sorry to bump this boys. But I just found this:

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/02/pff-top-101-of-2011-40-to-31/[/URL]
    33. Troy Polamalu, S, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Some think Polamalu’s best days are behind him, but he still has an ability to change a game with his knack for making plays. He finished the year as our top-ranked safety by a distance, even if he did a lot of his good work against bad offenses. Grading positively in every area of his game while finishing (amongst safeties) 1st in pass rushing, third in run defense and fourth in coverage. You can’t quantify what he means to the Steelers’ defense.
    Best Performance: Week 3 at Indianapolis (+5.8)
    Key Stat: Broke up an incredible 13 passes. The second-best safety only managed nine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Better safety for us this year based on performance....Will Allen or Troy Polumalu?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I will say a healthy Will Allen this year. But come on over all Troy P. when healthy. Even if Troy changes the way he plays to more of a regular safety he is better. Yea Troy will need a replacement soon. This years draft or next as I see it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

PIT - S Troy Polamalu still bothered by calf

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Alan Robinson

Pittsburgh Steelers SS Troy Polamalu (calf) is still receiving treatment for his calf before and sometimes after and during games. He's clearly playing through pain at this juncture.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Polamalu is not himself and is unlikely to be 100% at any time the rest of the season. They need him on the field more than ever as they're playing without CB Ike Taylor (ankle).
    Not a surprise. And not good news. Can we just cut this guy in the off season already? A super man constantly hit with kryptonite is not worth having around.

Legend

User Info Menu

Prisco: Polamalu Not Playing Well

December 22, 2012

PITTSBURGH (KDKA 93-7 THE FAN) — Bob Pompeani visited with CBSSports.com NFL columnist Pete Prisco before the Bengals game.

Prisco told Pompeani that Troy Polamalu is not playing well right now, and appears heavy and slow.

Prisco gave Dick LeBeau a lot of credit for the way that the defense is playing despite the injuries and lack of depth at cornerback.

He also warned Steelers fans to be concerned about the Bengals.

click on link below to go to audio link:

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/12/22/prisco-polamalu-not-playing-well/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Looking at the scheme, Troy was often very deep yesterday as the only deep safety. The Steelers have run this D before, including against NE last year. This seemed like it was likely a result of the injuries at corner.
    I thought he was kind of ridiculously deep; it looked odd. But vs. Cinci, I do hope he plays deep, since our CBs will have their hands full with Green if not given help.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I thought he was kind of ridiculously deep; it looked odd. But vs. Cinci, I do hope he plays deep, since our CBs will have their hands full with Green if not given help.
    If Troy plays deep I hope Clark can stop Green-Ellis. Because they will try to run it down our throat and to there right it seems. Without CB's who can tackle it could get ugly in the running game.