Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben questioning Haley play calling. ..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree that it wasn't professional, but I made the same comments during the game about his play calling which have been borderline horrible.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Say what you want about Haley, but Ben stunk yesterday. He had a wide open back 5 yards away for a 1st down and threw it into the ground. That was momentum crushing. Ben took 2 devastating sacks at the end of the game. You have to understand where you are and ditch it. Ben threw the interception to a COVERED Wallace and it was not a good throw with any zip. Hey Ben - how about an audible and get it to Miller - don't wait until after the game to say something. This is supposed to be a partnership. You think something should change - then change it. But damn, don't do nothing and then cry about it after the game. You've been wretched 2 weeks in a row. A little self-reflection might be called for right about now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Say what you want about Haley, but Ben stunk yesterday. He had a wide open back 5 yards away for a 1st down and threw it into the ground. That was momentum crushing. Ben took 2 devastating sacks at the end of the game. You have to understand where you are and ditch it. Ben threw the interception to a COVERED Wallace and it was not a good throw with any zip. Hey Ben - how about an audible and get it to Miller - don't wait until after the game to say something. This is supposed to be a partnership. You think something should change - then change it. But damn, don't do nothing and then cry about it after the game. You've been wretched 2 weeks in a row. A little self-reflection might be called for right about now.
    Agree. Taking a shot at Haley is a cheap shot because the problems we had yesterday were mainly execution problems not plays.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger seems unhappy with the Steelers’ playcalling

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 16, 2012, 9:41 PM EST
    Reuters
    Steelers quarterback [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger"]Ben Roethlisberger[/URL]was unsurprisingly unhappy after Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys. And while Roethlisberger told reporters in the locker room after the game that he primarily put the blame for the loss on himself, he also hinted that he thinks Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley deserved some of the blame.
    Roethlisberger, whose relationship with Haley has been a hot-button topic in Pittsburgh this season, didn’t mention Haley by name. But he did make a couple of comments that suggested he wasn’t crazy about the way Haley was calling plays.
    Asked why tight end
    [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3145/heath-miller"]Heath Miller[/URL] didn’t have a single pass thrown his way in the second half, Roethlisberger answered, “I just don’t think we called the right plays to get him the ball.”
    And when asked why the Steelers didn’t run more no-huddle offense in the second half, Roethlisberger acknowledged he wished they had done more.
    “That’s tough for me to answer right now,” he said. “The second half we didn’t do much of it, and that’s disappointing.”
    For the Steelers, there’s a lot to be disappointed about after today’s loss. The good news is that they can still salvage their season and make the playoffs if they win their last two games. The bad news is a feud between Roethlisberger and Haley isn’t the best way to begin a crucial week of work before the Week 16 meeting with the Bengals.

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm usually the first to bash Ben.. started a thread asking if he is clutch yesterday, lol...

but I agree with Ben on this... the play calling stinks. Haley is trying to play small ball way too much with a QB who is deadly in the 10 to 15 yard range. Is it impossible to run off tackle? What about a sweep? A screen?

It's bubble screens and RUTFM. I'm really starting to miss Arians.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm usually the first to bash Ben.. started a thread asking if he is clutch yesterday, lol...

but I agree with Ben on this... the play calling stinks. Haley is trying to play small ball way too much with a QB who is deadly in the 10 to 15 yard range. Is it impossible to run off tackle? What about a sweep? A screen?

It's bubble screens and RUTFM. I'm really starting to miss Arians.
    It is the EXECUTION of the plays not the plays. Our execution sucks. Just like under Arians the OL's inability to perform at a consistently high standard means it is impossible to evaluate the playcalling because the OL isn't giving the RBs or QB a chance.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't hear the post game quotes, but here is Dale Lolley's take on these comments:

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Essentially, he thinks that Ben wasn't throwing all the blame on Haley since he called a lot of the plays in the second half.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I didn't hear the post game quotes, but here is Dale Lolley's take on these comments:

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Essentially, he thinks that Ben wasn't throwing all the blame on Haley since he called a lot of the plays in the second half.
    Like I said, easy cheap shot to blame the coordinator when fans have no idea what play was called, what the audible was and how poorly it was executed versus the plan.

The problem is execution not plays.

Starter

User Info Menu

Maybe Miller wouldn't have to stay in and block all the time if this team hadnt ignored the deterioration of its offensive line throughout the Arians era.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Depot. The best source around
    Too bad the guy that runs it is a tool. Also too bad that it has almost no original content and instead just turns twitter reports from beat writers into articles.