Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr. Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

Dear Mr. Haley

Your gameplan or lack of one was terrible.
    Your offense is mediocre to say the least.
    I hope you take a head coaching job next year somewhere else.
    P.S. take our ST coach with you.

Backup

User Info Menu

It was a bad effort for a team fighting for a playoff spot.Two weeks in a row.We could have been tied for the division with better efforts and gameplanning,I just don,t get it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One thing I get is Chris Rainey shouldn't be on the field until he learns to play in the SLOT
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

And also tell me what is your love affair with Paulsenn?
    He is not a good blocker.
    Will Johnson is a better blocker and can catch also.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

From the PG:
    "
    Cornerback Brandon Carr signed a $50 million contract as a free agent to join the Cowboys this year. Previously, he played for Kansas City, where current Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley was head coach.
    He said he used knowledge of Haley's tendencies to good use in overtime.
    Roethlisberger won the coin toss and took the ball to start overtime. He completed a seven-yard pass to Heath Miller to the 27 on first down. On second down, he tried to throw a 10-yard out pass along the right sideline to Wallace. Roethlisberger's pass was a little behind Wallace, Carr made a nice play to jump on it and ran it 36 yards back to the one.
    "It was the first time that guy backed off Mike," Roethlisberger said. "I called the out route for him and I just didn't put enough on it on the outside far enough and he made a good play."
    Said Carr, "Knowing coach Haley, I kind of figured that play would be coming at some point in the game. It was zone coverage, so I was able to read the quarterback and the ball. ... It helped a lot playing for him, because it let me know how he thinks."

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/dallas-leads-steelers-3-0-after-first-quarter-666629/#ixzz2FH7JnHlB[/URL]"

Kindle
    Onto the next game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not sure if WALLACE is the best guy to throw out routes too. His breaks are weak.
    How a guy with that kind of speed can't drive a CB into deep coverage is beyond me.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Ben pump faked Wallace on that out route!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    From the PG:
    "
    Cornerback Brandon Carr signed a $50 million contract as a free agent to join the Cowboys this year. Previously, he played for Kansas City, where current Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley was head coach.
    He said he used knowledge of Haley's tendencies to good use in overtime.
    Roethlisberger won the coin toss and took the ball to start overtime. He completed a seven-yard pass to Heath Miller to the 27 on first down. On second down, he tried to throw a 10-yard out pass along the right sideline to Wallace. Roethlisberger's pass was a little behind Wallace, Carr made a nice play to jump on it and ran it 36 yards back to the one.
    "It was the first time that guy backed off Mike," Roethlisberger said. "I called the out route for him and I just didn't put enough on it on the outside far enough and he made a good play."
    Said Carr, "Knowing coach Haley, I kind of figured that play would be coming at some point in the game. It was zone coverage, so I was able to read the quarterback and the ball. ... It helped a lot playing for him, because it let me know how he thinks."

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/dallas-leads-steelers-3-0-after-first-quarter-666629/#ixzz2FH7JnHlB[/URL]"

Kindle
    Onto the next game

How is this Carr knowing Haley's tendencies if Ben admitted making a sight adjustment there based on where Carr had lined up with respect to Wallace ("It was the first time that guy backed off Mike," Roethlisberger said. "I called the out route for him and I just didn't put enough on it on the outside far enough and he made a good play.").
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So Carr waits the entire game for Haley to call an out route. The route came in OT. I bet you could watch every game in the NFL and say you are waiting for an out and eventually you will see one. Then you can stand up and say "see, I told you I know how the OC thinks".

What a bunch of crap. The guy made a good play intercepting the ball and then our lazy receiver let him get up and return it inside the one. It had nothing to do with him knowing Haley.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haley's offense sucks.

The receivers can't get open and aren't big or physical enough (with the exception of Cotchery and Miller).

Where is Burress?