Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why no urgency from this team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When throwing an out route, you need to lead the receiver and put some mustard on the throw.

That throw was behind the receiver and no "oomph" on it whatsoever.

Ben's our best and most important player by far, but that was a bad throw at an awful time.
    Not only was the throw bad, but apparently so was the formation/play because the Dallas corner knew what play was coming and was able to jump the route.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not only was the throw bad, but apparently so was the formation/play because the Dallas corner knew what play was coming and was able to jump the route.
    Ben called it...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Va Steelr View Post
    Can someone please tell me why this team never seems fo have a sense of urgency.Is Tomlin's demeanor rubbing off too much? Are they I am still hopeful they can get it done but I just don,t get it !!!
    I think there are many reasons.

1. They are just so beat up.
    2. Chemistry issues have creeped in, and Tomlin didn't have experience with that.
    3. Loss of leadership allowed #2 to happen and it caught MT off guard.
    4. Cohesion has suffered. Team is disjointed.
    5. The "young money," immature element is just too negative to team success.

The bad news is I don't think they can fix this by this season. They are going to have to really work hard to fix this in the off season.