Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another tomlin blunder

Legend

User Info Menu

another tomlin blunder

why not throw a couple bombs at the end of regulation and hope for a PI call to put us in FG range to win it in regulation?
    seeing that PI are handed out like candy on halloween in the [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/#"]nfl[/URL] these days, it was a gamble with little to no risk.

dallas had already burned all of their timeouts and had conceeded regulation by not attempting a 61 yd fg or going for it. they opted to punt and pin us deep and hope their defense could hold us.
    even if dallas would have picked off opne of those bombs, they would have taken a knee to get to overtime.

tomlin couldnt count on his defense in overtime seeing that #35 (and everyone else)was absolutely getting abused. what was he [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/#"]banking[/URL] on, that we win the coin toss?

this jackass cant think his way out of a wet paper bag

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought the same thing.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Because when on the road, you go with the tie and try and win it in OT. I have no problems with what they did at the end of the 4th...

I agree though, that Tomlin has made mistakes in mis managing games, however, I have no problem with going to OT in that scenario on our own 20 yd line....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Because when on the road, you go with the tie and try and win it in OT. I have no problems with what they did at the end of the 4th...
    That's ridiculous.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some just criticize for no reason, did you see the 40yd defense Dallas was playing... You have a better chance at an int than interference!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mr. Pitt, you might think its rediculous, but that's what they do. Always have. All coaches do that. Well, maybe not all, but most do.

Yea, refs won't call PI on those last plays at end of game... Have a better chance of a TO there...
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-16-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Some just criticize for no reason, did you see the 40yd defense Dallas was playing... You have a better chance at an int than interference!
    No, there is actually a reason and the OP states the reasoning. Dallas had no timeouts so even if they pick a pass off heaved 50 yards downfield they would have had to heave it the same way. Taking a knee is just giving away a play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Disagree. Go to TO. Throw a pick and they run it back with time left.... LOL, sort of sounds familiar....
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, as soon as they attempt a bomb and a sack/strip fumble or INT happens that gets the opposition into FG range then Tomlin would be called an idiot. This post just proves that coaches will never win regardless of the decisions they make unless the team wins.

Why can't fans place the blame on where it really belongs, the players? The defense came out and made a big stop, Brown fumbled and returned momentum to the Cowboys.

The defense came out and made a huge stop to force OT after special teams gave up big return, Ben proceeded to give Dallas the win.

The Dallas game was loss in crunch time due to turnovers. To bad the message board gurus can't grasp that concept and see it as clear as crystal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin deserves criticism for some of the things he does but taking a knee to force overtime isn't one of them.