Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: could Decastro be the best player

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, but Foster's an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Since cutting Colon would create the type of dead money that the team would prefer to avoid (particularly when we are in such dire straits with the cap to begin with), they will likely have to keep Colon at LG next year, use DeCastro at RG next year, let Foster sign elsewhere this offseason (even though we may not like it, we have other more vital guys to try to re-sign), with Beachum as the Trai Essex like utility backup.
    Foster has been the most consistent OLman this season. I don't see the Steelers letting him walk.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Decastro was horrible today. I think he fell for a reason. Hopefully its first game jitters because he looked bad. Really had

Legend

User Info Menu

decastro got owned today

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You can forget about high draft picks for OL now. We still need more playmakers on defense. Gotta use the high picks for DB's, or another LB...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    You can forget about high draft picks for OL now. We still need more playmakers on defense. Gotta use the high picks for DB's, or another LB...

I would agree except this team is and will still be all about Ben. No Ben=no chance. He needs protected and he still isn't getting that. If not for his repeated Houdini acts yesterday we would have been blown out.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Actually Pouncey had two games in a row before today where he played very poorly.
    Yes, I completely agree. Pouncey has had an up and down season at best.

IMHO, Starks has been our most valuable and most consistent lineman by a mile. No, he is not highly talented, but he makes the most of what he has at the most difficult position. Starks is a gem of a person and a fantastic Steeler. Foster may be our second best linemen this season.

Beachum, Adams, and Gilbert as our tackles will get Ben killed next season. IMHO, we either resign Starks or draft a pass protecting OT in the first few rounds if we want Ben to have a chance at playing every game.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The entire line stunk but, I didn't pay a lot of attention to Starks so I don't know if I can include him in that. In any event, I saw Foster get kicked around just ike everyone to the left of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think he fell for a reason. Hopefully its first game jitters because he looked bad. Really had
    I'm going to give "Bustcastro" more than one game. I did not notice him early in the game, which I take as a positive.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll give Decastro a season or 2... but I found it funny he was predicted to be the best on this OL in his first game. IMO this OL is better when Legursky is at Center and Pouncey is at guard. Not sure if it's possible to make that switch with Decastro in but I would prefer Legs at C and Pouncey and Decastro at G's

Legend

User Info Menu

Double D's saggin.
    He needs a boost to lift and
    Gain more confidence.