Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: could Decastro be the best player

Legend

User Info Menu

• Right guard David DeCastro , making his NFL starting debut, and right tackle Kelvin Beachum were praised for holding up well in the first game they played alongside each other. “That‘s what‘s disappointing to me, to let guys down that played so well,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3147136-74/steelers-game-backups#ixzz2FM0McleT[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought it was Tomlin, but he's gotten over it by now.

I think it had something to do with Colbert tagging Max when Tomlin didn't want him. Despite the tag, Tomlin allowed Colon to beat him out and take his spot at RT. Essentially Tomlin was benching the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

I never understood the beef. Was it a Tomlin/Colbert power struggle? Did Max tell them he'd negotiate a long term deal and not sign the 1 year contract? Did Tomlin just think he was a lazy oaf back then? Or was Tomlin just a bad judge of OLine talent - Tomlin was the one that liked Sean Mahan.
    Don't know about a Tomlin/Colbert struggle over Starks, but I'm glad Max is here...he's the best OL we've had this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Don't know about a Tomlin/Colbert struggle over Starks, but I'm glad Max is here...he's the best OL we've had this season.
    agreed, although Starks still doesn't rate that highly among OTs:

"At left tackle Max Starks has allowed four sacks, five hits, and 31 hurries from 523 snaps as a pass blocker, giving him a PBE Rating of 94.1; 39th among all offensive tackles."

[url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/14/3tfo-steelers-cowboys-week-15/[/url]
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 12-17-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    agreed, although Starks still doesn't rate that highly among OTs:

"At left tackle Max Starks has allowed four sacks, five hits, and 31 hurries from 523 snaps as a pass blocker, giving him a PBE Rating of 94.1; 39th among all offensive tackles."

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/14/3tfo-steelers-cowboys-week-15/[/URL]
    Puts him in the middle of the pack as far as tackles go. I guess that shows how far we've come that we are elated with average play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Decastro acquitted himself very well for his first game.

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/18/refo-steelers-cowboys-week-15/[/URL]

First Glimpse at DeCastro
    It’s been a long time coming but we finally got a good look at one of the most hyped guard prospects in years. David DeCastroplayed all 62 snaps for the Steelers in this game and played well for the most part. Though he did give up a sack, it was the lone play of pressure all game despite 45 snaps being asked to pass protect. He formed a formidable pairing with CMaurkice Pounceyas the oft overrated center gave up just a lone hurry all game. The pair was also impressive run blocking, getting to the second level and moving players away from the point of attack, generating some creases for the Steelers running backs.

Legend

User Info Menu

• Right guard David DeCastro got a lot of action in his first NFL start as he set up in pass protection on 45 of 62 snaps in Dallas. He didn‘t miss an offensive snap. DeCastro and right tackle Kelvin Beachum formed the right side of the offensive line despite having only two prior NFL starts between them, both by Beachum. “Both are sharp, intelligent young men that did a nice job of communicating,” coach Mike Tomlin said.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3147357-74/colon-game-season?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+ Stories%29#ixzz2FWKtPCsc[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I forget what Pittsburgh writer said this but he said, " Tomlin doesn't like Starks. " He eluded to it was Max personalitythat he doesn't like and it's been difficult for Tomlin to even have him on the team. It was either Bouchett or Cooky or one of the regulars we listen to or read their columns.
    If that's true, Tomlin is an idiot. But seeing how they always take so long to bring him back, I could believe it. I think Starks is a gentle giant. But not so gentle that he can't make for a pretty darn good OT. You like dudes who bring the nasty, but sometimes you have to settle for guys who might not be mean, but are just physically great instead. I will take a Max Starks for my LT any day. He might not be as good as Tony Boselli in his prime, but he is better than any other OT we have had for many years. Not every single O lineman is going to be a nasty son of a biotch. But you do like to have at least a few of them that way. I'd rather have a kind of mellow Starks than a nasty Colon, who is too fat to move and always gets hurt. Tell me Starks isn't 10 times the lineman that the ever-injured Colon is.

[url]http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/tony_boselli_2000_09_03.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Decastro acquitted himself very well for his first game.

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/18/refo-steelers-cowboys-week-15/[/URL]
    Maurkice Pouncey as the oft overrated center

Pouncey is over rated?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Maurkice Pouncey as the oft overrated center

Pouncey is over rated?
    Pro football focus rates his brother and a few others better than him. I think Mack and Mangold to name a few.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Pro football focus rates his brother and a few others better than him. I think Mack and Mangold to name a few.
    Mack and Mangold aren't playing with the limited players on either side of them that Pouncey plays with.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"