Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: could Decastro be the best player

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, but Foster's an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Since cutting Colon would create the type of dead money that the team would prefer to avoid (particularly when we are in such dire straits with the cap to begin with), they will likely have to keep Colon at LG next year, use DeCastro at RG next year, let Foster sign elsewhere this offseason (even though we may not like it, we have other more vital guys to try to re-sign), with Beachum as the Trai Essex like utility backup.
    Foster has been the most consistent OLman this season. I don't see the Steelers letting him walk.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Legend
    Decastro was horrible today. I think he fell for a reason. Hopefully its first game jitters because he looked bad. Really had

Pro Bowler
    decastro got owned today

You can forget about high draft picks for OL now. We still need more playmakers on defense. Gotta use the high picks for DB's, or another LB...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    You can forget about high draft picks for OL now. We still need more playmakers on defense. Gotta use the high picks for DB's, or another LB...

I would agree except this team is and will still be all about Ben. No Ben=no chance. He needs protected and he still isn't getting that. If not for his repeated Houdini acts yesterday we would have been blown out.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Actually Pouncey had two games in a row before today where he played very poorly.
    Yes, I completely agree. Pouncey has had an up and down season at best.

IMHO, Starks has been our most valuable and most consistent lineman by a mile. No, he is not highly talented, but he makes the most of what he has at the most difficult position. Starks is a gem of a person and a fantastic Steeler. Foster may be our second best linemen this season.

Beachum, Adams, and Gilbert as our tackles will get Ben killed next season. IMHO, we either resign Starks or draft a pass protecting OT in the first few rounds if we want Ben to have a chance at playing every game.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

The entire line stunk but, I didn't pay a lot of attention to Starks so I don't know if I can include him in that. In any event, I saw Foster get kicked around just ike everyone to the left of him.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think he fell for a reason. Hopefully its first game jitters because he looked bad. Really had
    I'm going to give "Bustcastro" more than one game. I did not notice him early in the game, which I take as a positive.

Legend
    I'll give Decastro a season or 2... but I found it funny he was predicted to be the best on this OL in his first game. IMO this OL is better when Legursky is at Center and Pouncey is at guard. Not sure if it's possible to make that switch with Decastro in but I would prefer Legs at C and Pouncey and Decastro at G's

Legend
    Double D's saggin.
    He needs a boost to lift and
    Gain more confidence.