Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: could Decastro be the best player

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    could Decastro be the best player

    On our o line today?

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,789
    Hardly. Pouncey is clearly that player and has proved it over three season. Starks is also grossly underappreciated playing the toughest position on the OL and doing well week in and week out.

    Let's see if DeCastro actually does anything today before we reserve his place in the HoF. I do think he will be a key building block to our OL future but we are still another Guard and future LT away from the OL we really need.

  3. #3
    Agree. I'm hoping Mike Adams could improve his pass
    Blocking to be our LT next year. Disagree about
    needing another guard unless its for depth. I think
    Foster has done a good job at Guard

  4. #4
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,729
    Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Agree. I'm hoping Mike Adams could improve his pass
    Blocking to be our LT next year. Disagree about
    needing another guard unless its for depth. I think
    Foster has done a good job at Guard
    Yeah, but Foster's an unrestricted free agent after this season.

    Since cutting Colon would create the type of dead money that the team would prefer to avoid (particularly when we are in such dire straits with the cap to begin with), they will likely have to keep Colon at LG next year, use DeCastro at RG next year, let Foster sign elsewhere this offseason (even though we may not like it, we have other more vital guys to try to re-sign), with Beachum as the Trai Essex like utility backup.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  5. #5
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, but Foster's an unrestricted free agent after this season.

    Since cutting Colon would create the type of dead money that the team would prefer to avoid (particularly when we are in such dire straits with the cap to begin with), they will likely have to keep Colon at LG next year, use DeCastro at RG next year, let Foster sign elsewhere this offseason (even though we may not like it, we have other more vital guys to try to re-sign), with Beachum as the Trai Essex like utility backup.
    Foster has been the most consistent OLman this season. I don't see the Steelers letting him walk.
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  6. #6
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Agree. I'm hoping Mike Adams could improve his pass
    Blocking to be our LT next year. Disagree about
    needing another guard unless its for depth. I think
    Foster has done a good job at Guard
    Keep hoping on Adams and his pass protection.
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  7. #7
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hardly. Pouncey is clearly that player and has proved it over three season. Starks is also grossly underappreciated playing the toughest position on the OL and doing well week in and week out.

    Let's see if DeCastro actually does anything today before we reserve his place in the HoF. I do think he will be a key building block to our OL future but we are still another Guard and future LT away from the OL we really need.
    Actually Pouncey had two games in a row before today where he played very poorly.
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Actually Pouncey had two games in a row before today where he played very poorly.
    Yes, I completely agree. Pouncey has had an up and down season at best.

    IMHO, Starks has been our most valuable and most consistent lineman by a mile. No, he is not highly talented, but he makes the most of what he has at the most difficult position. Starks is a gem of a person and a fantastic Steeler. Foster may be our second best linemen this season.

    Beachum, Adams, and Gilbert as our tackles will get Ben killed next season. IMHO, we either resign Starks or draft a pass protecting OT in the first few rounds if we want Ben to have a chance at playing every game.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,836
    any money spent on colon going forward is a waste.

    I would take the cap hit asap and get out of jail with this guy already.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    3,357
    I don't recall STARKS giving up a sack this year. I'm sure he has but I just don't remember him getting beat bad.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •