Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: could Decastro be the best player

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'll give Decastro a season or 2... but I found it funny he was predicted to be the best on this OL in his first game. IMO this OL is better when Legursky is at Center and Pouncey is at guard. Not sure if it's possible to make that switch with Decastro in but I would prefer Legs at C and Pouncey and Decastro at G's
    Starks was the best O-Lineman yesterday. Not even close. That is why he needs to stay for another two years.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Starks was the best O-Lineman yesterday. Not even close. That is why he needs to stay for another two years.
    Agree completely.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I forget what Pittsburgh writer said this but he said, " Tomlin doesn't like Starks. " He eluded to it was Max personalitythat he doesn't like and it's been difficult for Tomlin to even have him on the team. It was either Bouchett or Cooky or one of the regulars we listen to or read their columns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I forget what Pittsburgh writer said this but he said, " Tomlin doesn't like Starks. " He eluded to it was Max personalitythat he doesn't like and it's been difficult for Tomlin to even have him on the team. It was either Bouchett or Cooky or one of the regulars we listen to or read their columns.
    I remember that there was a discussion of somebody on the coaching staff not liking starks, but I thought that it was BA, not Tomlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I remember that there was a discussion of somebody on the coaching staff not liking starks, but I thought that it was BA, not Tomlin.

I've always heard Arians referenced not Tomlin.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe it was Arians but I thought they said Tomlin. I take it you guys don't know why Arians then didn't care for Starks ? Maybe Arians wasn't happy that Max was protecting Ben ? Arians had no trouble not adjusting the offensive play calling when Ben was in trouble or the o-line was being out matched.
    I always thought Max did a good job, had a nice personality and carried himself well and was well spoken.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You guys are phuckin D***s.

The guy has major knee injury, fights back from it, practices for a few weeks, and gets thrown into the fire. Then he sucks and is a bust?

You guys are plain phuckin D***s.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm going to give "Bustcastro" more than one game. I did not notice him early in the game, which I take as a positive.
    That's DeBustro. Get it right!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    You guys are phuckin D***s.

The guy has major knee injury, fights back from it, practices for a few weeks, and gets thrown into the fire. Then he sucks and is a bust?

You guys are plain phuckin D***s.
    Victorian > DeCastro....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I've always heard Arians referenced not Tomlin.
    I thought it was Tomlin, but he's gotten over it by now.

I think it had something to do with Colbert tagging Max when Tomlin didn't want him. Despite the tag, Tomlin allowed Colon to beat him out and take his spot at RT. Essentially Tomlin was benching the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

I never understood the beef. Was it a Tomlin/Colbert power struggle? Did Max tell them he'd negotiate a long term deal and not sign the 1 year contract? Did Tomlin just think he was a lazy oaf back then? Or was Tomlin just a bad judge of OLine talent - Tomlin was the one that liked Sean Mahan.