Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan Rooney to step down Friday as ambassador to Ireland

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Ha ha, this is very freudian. Psst, by the way, you meant "relevant" i'm sure. Have your english teacher explain it to you tomorrow at elementary school.

You've been doing it to yourself the last three days. Either your 10 and stole your dads log in information, or your chronologically stuck at that age.

If you can't see how Dan Rooney is relevant to the Steelers, the idiot shoe fits. How many 80 yr olds you know are coherent and together enough to be an ambassador? You bet your sweet ass he has plenty of input not only into the Steelers, but into the league as a whole.
    No, I meant "relative."

rel·a·tive
    [rel-uh-tiv] Show IPA
    noun
    a person who is connected with another or others by blood or marriage.
    something having, or standing in, some relation to something else.
    something dependent upon external conditions for its specific nature, size, etc. ( opposed to absolute ).
    Grammar . a relative pronoun, adjective, or adverb.
    adjective
    considered in relation to something else; comparative: the relative merits of democracy and monarchy.
    existing or having its specific nature only by relation to something else; not absolute or independent: Happiness is relative.
    having relation or connection.
    having reference or regard; relevant; pertinent (usually followed by to ): to determine the facts relative to an accident.
    correspondent; proportionate: Value is relative to demand.
    Now, let's see if you can figure it out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I usually don't respond to your idiocy.

the way you grasp at the english language amuses me, but your incessant ramblings are tiresome and insufferable.

you come off as a spoiled 3rd grader.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dan Rooney no longer being Ambassador to Ireland: it's a stretch, but it can be argued to not be relevant to the Steelers, considering the article talked only about his political position and not how he would interact with the team going forward

Dan Rooney no longer being Ambassador to Ireland: 100% relative to the Steelers, since he is their owner

Your attempt to use the dictionary has backfired on you this time, buddy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I swear you must be in grade school or middle school. You may have meant to use "relative", but it was incorrect usage when "relevant" is clearly superior contextually.

Please leave the computer lab and go back to class.

I'm also done responding to your idiotic replies and post. Your like a Transformer. Clearly more than meets the eye. More troll than fan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Ha ha, this is very freudian. Psst, by the way, you meant "relevant" i'm sure. Have your english teacher explain it to you tomorrow at elementary school.

You've been doing it to yourself the last three days. Either your 10 and stole your dads log in information, or your chronologically stuck at that age.

If you can't see how Dan Rooney is relevant to the Steelers, the idiot shoe fits. How many 80 yr olds you know are coherent and together enough to be an ambassador? You bet your sweet ass he has plenty of input not only into the Steelers, but into the league as a whole.

just curious, what type of imput has he had on the team and league the last 3 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

WTF?? All the whiners, winers, weiners, and wieners please go to another forum to discuss your politics. Thats pretty much everyone, aside from myself and the op.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Steelers chairman emeritus to return home to Pittsburgh
    Looks relevant to the Steelers to me

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    WTF?? All the whiners, winers, weiners, and wieners please go to another forum to discuss your politics. Thats pretty much everyone, aside from myself and the op.
    As the op, I must say that I am only interested in winners, like Dan Rooney, not whiners, winers, weiners, and wieners.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.