Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodell Wants To Expand Playoffs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    We already have 1 or 2 teams that shouldn't be in the playoffs every year....why add more??
    We've been the 6 seed
    We didn't belong that year
    We just won XL

Legend

User Info Menu

Why not just let all the teams into the playoffs? That way, all the fans could stay engaged, at least through the first week of the playoffs? And we could stretch football into March.

Better yet, why not an 8-game regular season, and then a double-elimination tournament with all 32 teams seeded according to their records?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Again:

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The NFL has had 12 teams since 1990, when a total of 28 teams were in the league...

Now there are 32 teams...14 sounds about right...
    Why not?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We've been the 6 seed
    We didn't belong that year
    We just won XL
    i knew that was coming ... my point is we have plenty of qualified teams now making the playoffs. sometimes too many already. Like the year Seattle made it at 7-9.

Lets say Roger has his way ...lets look at this season... does anyone really think Buffalo, NY Jets, St. Louis Rams and the Miami Dolphins are playoff worthy. I certainly don't.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    i knew that was coming ... my point is we have plenty of qualified teams now making the playoffs. sometimes too many already. Like the year Seattle made it at 7-9.

Lets say Roger has his way ...lets look at this season... does anyone really think Buffalo, NY Jets, St. Louis Rams and the Miami Dolphins are playoff worthy. I certainly don't.
    I agree that they are not playoff worthy, but they would be playing the likes of the Texans and Patriots in the first round (instead of giving those teams a bye). The one positive I see is that everyone must win 4 playoff games to earn the Super Bowl, instead of the 1 & 2 seeds needing to win only 3 playoff games.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I agree that they are not playoff worthy, but they would be playing the likes of the Texans and Patriots in the first round (instead of giving those teams a bye). The one positive I see is that everyone must win 4 playoff games to earn the Super Bowl, instead of the 1 & 2 seeds needing to win only 3 playoff games.
    I'd be for adding 2 teams in each conference at the most...maybe even having a bye week between Week 17 and the Wild Card Round so teams can have a week to rest
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!