Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Go Philly

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Eagles getting ready to go in..
    I hope the Steelers are prepared to play vs. Dallas
    Well it's easier for them to do things the hard way than the easy way.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, looks like our game last week...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If the Bengals lose to Philly and we beat Dallas and then the Bengals beat us next week, they'll be ahead of us in the standings.

That kinda sux.
    On the other hand, now that Cincy has beaten Philly, even if we lose to Dallas, we'll still be ahead of Bengals in the standings if we beat them next week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

The last two games are the only ones that matter, unless the Colts lose out and the Jets win out. (I don't see either happening.) Otherwise, a win this Sunday is just gravy.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    On the other hand, now that Cincy has beaten Philly, even if we lose to Dallas, we'll still be ahead of Bengals in the standings if we beat them next week.
    This tells me we're gonna lose to Dallas somehow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This tells me we're gonna lose to Dallas somehow.
    If we beat Dallas and then Cincy, we clinch, and the last weekend is meaningless.

If we lose to Dallas and then beat Cincy, we still have the tiebreaker over Cincy, but nothing is clinched, because there would still be a possibility that Cincy could pass us if they beat the Ravens in week 17 and we lose to the Browns again.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If we beat Dallas and then Cincy, we clinch, and the last weekend is meaningless.

If we lose to Dallas and then beat Cincy, we still have the tiebreaker over Cincy, but nothing is clinched, because there would still be a possibility that Cincy could pass us if they beat the Ravens in week 17 and we lose to the Browns again.
    Nobody has clinched anything in our division...

The Ravens lost last week...

They play the Giants, the Broncos and Cincinnati the last three weeks...

This division is still wide open...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

True...but we sew up a playoff birth with a win this weekend and next. I believe the only way for us to surpass Baltimore is for us to win out and for them to lose out (I think they have the tiebreaker over us even though we split with them head-to-head).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

The Ravens need to lose this week so they have the pressure on them to beat the Bumgals last week of ther season.

BTW is there anything about Philly that doesn't suck except for Phillyesq? Eagles are like the freaking Keystone Cops and their idiot fans are probably happy that the Bumgals winning hurts us. Can we become a separate state like West Virginia...except for the marrying your sister part?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This team lacks a killer instinct and focus when they need it; kind of the "anti-Patriots." The Pats know when to get hot, and when to get serious. Pgh like to just frick around and let games slip away when playing crap teams. No way does Belichick and Brady allow this to happen. They not only beat the teams they should, they destroy them. Not the Steelers. They choose to lack discipline and lose to the likes of the Chargers, Browns, Raiders and Titans. Way to go, head coach.