Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Tomlin's replacement

  1. #61
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,232
    Tomlin has put on weight. He is no longer able to be a good head coach.

    That makes perfect sense.

  2. #62
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Tomlin has put on weight. He is no longer able to be a good head coach.

    That makes perfect sense.
    No Wonder Bill Parcells didn't win one in New England or Dallas!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  3. #63
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,232
    we should probably bring in this guy

    Cleveland+Browns+v+Denver+Broncos+FD1fZF1105pl.jpg


    or maybe this guy

    chip+kelly.jpg

  4. #64
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    No Wonder Bill Parcells didn't win one in New England or Dallas!!
    You may be on to something. A trim Tomlin goes to two Super Bowls and wins one. A Tomlin with a gut losses to teams like Oak., Cle., TN and SD. Parcells had his best success while trimmer. The fat one never got as far.

  5. #65
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Lloyddroid... in some ways your post/rants prove your own point.

    Sometimes you say some good stuff I totally agree with and then other times you go out on a limb (which is fine) ...but you lose people w/ how you present yourself. I'm willing to say you didn't think out this Thread when you first wrote it. You flew by the seat of ur pants w/out checking yourself (which led to wreckin' youself )

    I would say the man you are critisizing (Tomlin) could teach you a few things about communication and the "EF Hutton" Principle.
    You obviously missed the major point: No one is saying for MT to rant or rave, but to make the moves that signal to players that lack of effort and focus will not be tolerated. How on earth did Brown think it was OK to half bend over on the ball in the end zone? Because he is on a team where reactions to half @ssed efforts are slow or almost non-existent. There must be an explanation for why this team comes in so sloppy when playing your Titans, Raiders, Browns and Chargers. There MUST be a reason, and it lies at the feet of the head coach.

  6. #66
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You obviously missed the major point: No one is saying for MT to rant or rave, but to make the moves that signal to players that lack of effort and focus will not be tolerated. How on earth did Brown think it was OK to half bend over on the ball in the end zone? Because he is on a team where reactions to half @ssed efforts are slow or almost non-existent. There must be an explanation for why this team comes in so sloppy when playing your Titans, Raiders, Browns and Chargers. There MUST be a reason, and it lies at the feet of the head coach.
    I don't disagree with you for the most part....I'm just saying the way you present your arguements isn't effective ...even when you're right, you lose your audience with how you rub people the wrong way.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  7. #67
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You may be on to something. A trim Tomlin goes to two Super Bowls and wins one. A Tomlin with a gut losses to teams like Oak., Cle., TN and SD. Parcells had his best success while trimmer. The fat one never got as far.

    Skinny Tomlin, 2007:

    L 28-31 to the Broncos who lost the previous 3 and next 2 games after this one, finished 7-9
    L 16-19 to the Jets who were 1-8 at the time, finished 4-11
    L 21-27 to the Ravens who were 4-11 at the time, finished 5-11, lost to the Steelers 38-7 earlier that season


    Skinny Tomlin, 2008:

    team went 12-4, won the Super Bowl, not much to complain about there



    Skinny Tomin, 2009:
    Five game losing streak including games against...

    L 24-27 to the 2-7 Chiefs
    L 24-27 to the 3-8 Raiders
    L 6-13 to the 1-11 Browns



    When did Tomlin get fat??? Should I keep going???

  8. #68
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,356
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You obviously missed the major point: No one is saying for MT to rant or rave, but to make the moves that signal to players that lack of effort and focus will not be tolerated. How on earth did Brown think it was OK to half bend over on the ball in the end zone? Because he is on a team where reactions to half @ssed efforts are slow or almost non-existent. There must be an explanation for why this team comes in so sloppy when playing your Titans, Raiders, Browns and Chargers. There MUST be a reason, and it lies at the feet of the head coach.
    First we are losing because Tomlin is getting fat, and now the reason lies at the feet of the head coach.

    That other thread may have been right about us starting to resemble the Jets, because it sounds like Tomlin is morphing into Rex Ryan.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  9. #69
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    First we are losing because Tomlin is getting fat, and now the reason lies at the feet of the head coach.

    That other thread may have been right about us starting to resemble the Jets, because it sounds like Tomlin is morphing into Rex Ryan.

    If only there was a nickname on par with Sexy Rexy for him. I believe in you Ruthless. You can do this.

  10. #70
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,356
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    If only there was a nickname on par with Sexy Rexy for him. I believe in you Ruthless. You can do this.
    He looks like Omar Epps.

    Omar Epps got to make out with Oliva Wilde on House.

    There is nothing sexier than making out with Olivia Wilde.


    As for a nickname, since Rex is fat and has a nickname with Sexy in it, I need to come up with something that encompassed the weight gain as well as sexuality in some form or fashion. Mike Tomlin's middle name is Pettaway. His nickname, therefore will have to be Heavy Pettaway. There you go...fat and sexy simultaneously. Booyah.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 12-14-2012 at 07:05 PM.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •