Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers starting to Resemble Jets

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is bull****. Steelers are nowhere near the circus the Jets are with Ryan and their players.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I wouldn't lay blame on a particular loss, because losses do happen. The bigger problem is the pattern that has emerged in continually losing to sub-par teams. Four losses to teams that should never beat us is a problem that the coaches must correct.
    Wow. Clear signs that there are MAJOR problems with this team. Players coming right out admitting they were not prepared for the game? Please explain further. What do you mean? How were they not prepared? Who was at fault? This is a major red flag.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think it was complacency with Ben being back. They all know how good he is, and they are too comfortable relying on that.
    That's the irony of it all. When Ben plays, the rest of the team tends to slack off, generally speaking. Their mentality becomes, "We got Ben, so we don't have to be perfect to win." That could be Ben's fault to an extent, because sometimes a QB just needs to give his teammates a kick in the ass like Tom Brady does.

We've all seen Brady get pissed off at his teammates on the sideline, and I think that's part of why the Patriots are such a tightly-run ship. Brady's mentality is, "I'm dependent on all of you to execute properly, so don't let me down," whereas Ben's mentality is "I put full trust in my teammates, and they know I'll do my best for them." Maybe Brady holds his teammates more accountable than Ben does, and that manifests itself in the overall performance and consistency of each team, and especially each offense.

Maybe Ben's afraid to hold his teammates accountable because of all the "Ben's a bad teammate" talk during his first five years with the team. You can't say he doesn't take criticism personally. It's probably why he became so enamored with Bruce Arians in the first place: because he got tired of people suggesting that the key to success for the Steelers was to limit his role, and Arians increased his role.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    That's the irony of it all. When Ben plays, the rest of the team tends to slack off, generally speaking. Their mentality becomes, "We got Ben, so we don't have to be perfect to win." That could be Ben's fault to an extent, because sometimes a QB just needs to give his teammates a kick in the ass like Tom Brady does.

We've all seen Brady get pissed off at his teammates on the sideline, and I think that's part of why the Patriots are such a tightly-run ship. Brady's mentality is, "I'm dependent on all of you to execute properly, so don't let me down," whereas Ben's mentality is "I put full trust in my teammates, and they know I'll do my best for them." Maybe Brady holds his teammates more accountable than Ben does, and that manifests itself in the overall performance and consistency of each team, and especially each offense.

Maybe Ben's afraid to hold his teammates accountable because of all the "Ben's a bad teammate" talk during his first five years with the team. You can't say he doesn't take criticism personally. It's probably why he became so enamored with Bruce Arians in the first place: because he got tired of people suggesting that the key to success for the Steelers was to limit his role, and Arians increased his role.
    Maybe Ben's just better than every other QB and thinks he can carry the team on his own.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe Ben's just better than every other QB and thinks he can carry the team on his own.
    Maybe he has to carry the team, given the laziness of so many of his teammates.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What does this have to do with the Jets?
    Yeah, when I saw the title I figured it was going to compare the Steelers do nothing offense to the Jets below zero offense. Hey that is always a recipe to lose any game.

What many in Steeler nation are overlooking here in those losses to these so called sub par teams is that in every one of those games a common theme was there. Those teams were at the time the Steelers played them in desperation mode. They gave a super defensive effort and it paid off. Couple that with TS still learning a new system that has not gotten untracked yet and there you have it . [This paragraph is incomplete and under construction]

Meanwhile TS have managed to stay alive and if the D can stay solid and somehow the offense can get started the season is far from over. But that happening is now doubtful. Hey! That's cool. Just like the injury reports. Probable? No! Questionable? No! Doubtful? Yes! Out? Not yet!

Starter

User Info Menu

Meanwhile TS have managed to stay alive and if the D can stay solid and somehow the offense can get started the season is far from over. But that happening is now doubtful. Hey! That's cool. Just like the injury reports. Probable? No! Questionable? No! Doubtful? Yes! Out? Not yet![URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/editpost.php?p=537983&do=editpost"]

Steelers outlook upgraded to Questionable leaning toward Probable.

This is based on the very upbeat practice Wednesday and also Thursday. The return of Woodley and several other dinged up players was a boost. The return of DeCastro also was uplifting.

Tomlin said that TS expect Dallas to come very well prepared and TS know how important this game is to them. TS will do likewise he said.

Of course he said that last week too,but only this time the players were listening.[/URL][URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/editpost.php?p=537983&do=editpost"][/URL]But seriously, the players all said they put last weeks game behind them and now there are no excuses.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Maybe he has to carry the team, given the laziness of so many of his teammates.
    I think he needs to speak up more and hold these guys accountable.