Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Montana wanted to be a Steeler, but Steelers preferred Neil O'Donnell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I remember going to a game during the Green years and sitting in the 2nd row on the 45 right behind the Steelers bench. Green stood directly in front of us most of the game and he might have been the inspiration for Kim K's butt implant. I've never seen a butt so large on a guy. His legs were the size of a normal sized man.

There was another Steeler back then. Can't remember who it was, but I think he wore #60. That dude was round. He stood next to Green a lot and he made Casey Hampton look svelte.
    I remember a ham and egger named Brian Blankenship who wore that number. He wasn't huge though.

I do recall (to your story), Green standing next to Terry O'Shea (another ham and egger)... they were both TEs. And Green's legs/butt next to O'Shea... it was comical to say the least.

As for this thread--DAMN. How awesome would it have been!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I remember a ham and egger named Brian Blankenship who wore that number. He wasn't huge though.

I do recall (to your story), Green standing next to Terry O'Shea (another ham and egger)... they were both TEs. And Green's legs/butt next to O'Shea... it was comical to say the least.

As for this thread--DAMN. How awesome would it have been!
    I can't remember who it was. Maybe Blankenship?

I tried looking up who it could be and had some fun browsing through this doc:
    [url]http://prod.static.steelers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2012_Roster_Number.pdf[/url]

I never realized someone once wore 00. Also didn't know Mean Joe started out with #72 his rookie year. It was also interesting to see the last time certain numbers were used. Like 70, 12, 32, 36, 52, 58, 75.... The most interesting nugget was Ham's jersey was used for a year after he was gone. Seems a little disrespectful in comparison to some of the other jersey numbers that haven't been used again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Cowher also wanted Shawn Andrews for OT over Big Ben. So much for his opinion.
    Yeah.. but he also took Tee Martin over Tom Brady
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.