Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaMarr Woodley is a Pro Bowler. No, really. He bought his way in. I'm serious here.

Legend

User Info Menu

LaMarr Woodley is a Pro Bowler. No, really. He bought his way in. I'm serious here.

LaMarr Woodley becomes owner in bowling league
    Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 12, 2012, 12:18 AM EST

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley has plenty of experience knocking down quarterbacks. His newest venture involves knocking down something else altogether.

Bowling pins.

According to the Associated Press, Woodley has become an owner in a new bowling league run by the Professional Bowlers Association. The eight-team league has Woodley, former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, free agent receiver Terrell Owens and Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul all involved.

Woodley will be the celebrity owner of the Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits. The league will begin its inaugural season next month in Detroit.

Woodley is expected to play for the Steelers this week after missing the last two games with an ankle injury.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/12/lamarr-woodley-becomes-owner-in-bowling-league/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great!! Now he risks Thumb, Elbow and Shoulder injuries!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    A buddy of mine slid into a gutter and sprained his ankle once.

Don't tell Lloydroid, but one of the possible bowling injuries is a calf tear. A calf tear. Maybe that's the secret to how Troy got hurt. Midnight bowling at a Bettis Bumper Bowling Birthday party.

[url]http://physioworks.com.au/Injuries-Conditions/Activities/ten-pin-bowling-injuries#.UMjxK7bqIeU[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

His hamstring might not hold up to the physical nature of the bowling life. Too much stretching.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't see the details, but I know that Andrew Bynum, the Sixers big offseason acquisition, managed to aggravate a knee injury while bowling.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I didn't see the details, but I know that Andrew Bynum, the Sixers big offseason acquisition, managed to aggravate a knee injury while bowling.
    Oh you don't know just how much this irks me. I am A Sixers fans since the Julius Erving days and the thought that Andrew Bynum may never play a single game for the Sixers after they gave up Andre Iguodala (a former first round pick), this years first round pick (Maurice Harkless), their first round pick from 2011 (Nikola Vucevic), and a future number 1 pick, just makes me want to scream. Unbelievable.

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

The man has...umm...some...uhh...interesting...yeah...hair.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Reminds me of the Don King thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The man has...umm...some...uhh...interesting...yeah...hair.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    As you would say, always has to be a downer.

Seriously, I don't think he'll actually be on the team, will he?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    As you would say, always has to be a downer.

Seriously, I don't think he'll actually be on the team, will he?
    Bettis probably will play for his own team, no?