Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboys fan base bigger than Steelers?!?

Backup

User Info Menu

Cowboys fan base bigger than Steelers?!?

They got a bigger nation than the Steelers? I don't think so, so why are they winning?
    [URL]http://www.steelers.com/fan-zone/SocialShowdown.html[/URL]
    Come on Steelers nation!!!!
    =====================================
    Like us on Facebook - [url="http://www.facebook.com/ATCfamily"]http://www.facebook.com/ATCfamily[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Half of the Dallas fan base are fair weather, panzy fans who only represent when Dallas is good, which ain't all that often since 1995. So, many of their fans don't count as real fans much of the time. They can win wussy things like the above - it doesn't bother me in the least. As a matter of fact, I prefer they "win" things like that. It's like winning homecoming queen while losing the football game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Half of the Dallas fan base are fair weather, panzy fans who only represent when Dallas is good, which ain't all that often since 1995. So, many of their fans don't count as real fans much of the time. They can win wussy things like the above - it doesn't bother me in the least. As a matter of fact, I prefer they "win" things like that. It's like winning homecoming queen while losing the football game.
    Says the guy who posted this just yesterday:

It's so bad it makes me want to end my Steeler addiction. Just go cold turkey and replace my football viewing time with something more beneficial. It is a flat out embarrassment.
    You are talking about other fan bases being fair weather fans when you personally talked about ending your Steeler addiction cold turkey because you are embarrassed by a team that is currently in a playoff race, finished 12-4 each of the previous 2 seasons, and has been in 3 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them, in the last decade. If you think a 7-6 record is an embarrassment worthy of considering jumping ship on the Steelers entirely, that is the definition of a fair weather fan. Those fairweather Cowboy fans have witnessed a single playoff win in the last 16 years.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

You are talking about other fan bases being fair weather fans when you personally talked about ending your Steeler addiction cold turkey because you are embarrassed by a team that is currently in a playoff race, finished 12-4 each of the previous 2 seasons, and has been in 3 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them, in the last decade. If you think a 7-6 record is an embarrassment worthy of considering jumping ship on the Steelers entirely, that is the definition of a fair weather fan. Those fairweather Cowboy fans have witnessed a single playoff win in the last 16 years.
    Ummm, this just in: A FAIRWEATHER fan comes and goes. If I decided to end my days of being an NFL fan I would not be back. I thought this was obvious, but, apparently not obvious enough for the likes of you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol.

ruthless just nailed you.

its obvious to everyone.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lol.

its obvious to everyone.
    Yea, OK Eddie. <pats him on head> Please research what a "fair weather" fan is, vs. a fan who just stops being a fan all together. They are not one in the same. Once you "figure this out" you can embarrass yourself less. Be well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lol.

its obvious to everyone.
    did he like it?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nice way to avoid the crux of the matter, and just whistle past the graveyard. The whole story isn't that this team is 7-6 and still in the play off hunt; the whole story is this team, under this coach, has the habit of losing to the worst teams in the NFL, which is inexcusable, for any fans with a brain. Tomlin has shown that he is not capable of getting the team focused and giving a good effort to teams like the Browns, Titans, Raiders and San Diego. That is hardly small potatoes. And, this is not a one-year fluke worthy of ignoring as a fluke. Do I need to remind you of the 2009 season, where Tomlin's team lost 5 straight games to the worst teams, just like NOW, in the entire NFL, including to the Raiders, Chiefs and Browns. This is hardly a one-time fluke; can you grasp that? Can you process this information?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Conversely, there are times when it seems like half the Steelers fan base are people whose personalities are defined almost exclusively by their fandom, and have very little passion, interest or curiosity in anything else.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.