Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DeCastro probably a go

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Completely agree on Starks. As for Colon, there is a significant dead money issue - I think he would count about $6 million against the cap if cut. Releasing him would only save about $1 million, and when you factor in the cost of a replacement, there is barely any savings at all. I think Colon will return, hopefully in better shape.

The idea of another OG is intriguing, but I think other needs (playmaker at WR if Wallace leaves, OLB, ILB, S, RB) will trump OG in the draft.
    Understand that OG may not look as a priority but from a BPA perspective if we could get Chance Warmack (Ala) or John Cooper (NC) in round one we will have a great middle three anchoring the OL for the next 5-6 years.

If they dump Wallace, and I think they will, a WR in Round 1 is a real possibility.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 12-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, O it's interesting because there are very few positions the Steelers won't look at in the first. WR, SS, FS, ILB, OLB, RB, OG, OT I think are all in the mix.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am really beginning to think there is no position eliminated from first round consideration except QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Well, O it's interesting because there are very few positions the Steelers won't look at in the first. WR, SS, FS, ILB, OLB, RB, OG, OT I think are all in the mix.
    I would really be surprised if they went after Safety in Round 1 unless they see a once in a decade player like Polamalu or Ed Reed. Believe me, I really do think we need youth at the SS and FS positions, but this draft is just really deep at the Safety position.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    All I can say is, I hope he's fully healed. If we ruin his career by messing up his knee due to bringing him back too soon, all for the sake of trying to help a mediocre team limp into the playoffs, what a waste IMO.

The way we go through OL, we'd better get a tackle, guard and a center. I have a bad feeling about Gilbert Grape, Starks ain't getting any younger, and Colon is about to blow.
    Even more disconcerting, Pouncey may have played worse at both G AND C.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I highly doubt an interior O-lineman gets drafted high. Pouncey and DeCastro are high picks that will man C & RG next year. They likely won't be able to keep both Colon and Foster, but whichever one they do keep should start at LG (likely Colon, since we'd have significant dead money if we cut him, while Foster will be a free agent). Beachum seems to be a reasonable backup option inside (Trai Essex 2.0), and they could bring back Legursky on a minor deal to be a backup who can play center. Try to extend Maurkice Pouncey's contract this offseason, keep Colon for a few seasons until Mike Pouncey is eligible for free agency (new CBA $'s will be available by then), then reunite the twins. A Pouncey-Pouncey-DeCastro interior OL would be awesome.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Understand that OG may not look as a priority but from a BPA perspective if we could get Chance Warmack (Ala) or John Cooper (NC) in round one we will have a great middle three anchoring the OL for the next 5-6 years.

If they dump Wallace, and I think they will, a WR in Round 1 is a real possibility.
    Here is a OG for ya....

Laken Tomlinson of Duke. He is a redshirt sophomore and could declare this season. I think he'll be a better pro than Warmack or Cooper.

If we cut Colon, we could draft a guard as Foster will be a UFA.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

kudos again to Ramon Foster.

without a word the kid just slides over to LG and will more than likely get the job done. Maybe the most consistent player on the OL this year. So underappreciated from a lot of folks in steeler nation.

keeping colon over him is a mistake.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Here is a OG for ya....

Laken Tomlinson of Duke. He is a redshirt sophomore and could declare this season. I think he'll be a better pro than Warmack or Cooper.

If we cut Colon, we could draft a guard as Foster will be a UFA.
    Better than Chance Warmack. Bwahahaha.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope Ben is ready to run for his life against the cowboys if both rookies are on the right side. A very green rookie next to a suspect RT is not good. If Adams was back I would feel better. He had a few games and more talent then Beachum at RT I think. Maybe they can play like the Chargers patched o-line did last week.