Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall Suspended

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Are you serious? He was demoted for fumbling, just like the rest of the RB's on the team did. The Steelers sit him at the 3rd spot and then the next week they dont even dress him? He stays home and he gets suspended? Why does he have to be there if he isnt dressing and is 100% healthy? Hold a clip board? APPEAL!
    There is more to it then just fumbling. He is a cry baby now at this point. How many real Steelers have had to sit the pine not hurt? I am sure a few. I was a mendy fan even with his stupid off the field stuff. But this is disrespect toward the steelers. No player is worth that. I will give him props up till now. No stupid tweets yet. Maybe he learned something? We will see. Keep an eye on twitter.

Legend

User Info Menu

I find not dressing your best back and getting mad and suspending him when he doesnt show up to hold a clip board is stupid.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Cant believe someone is calling it an action

Why should he show up when he is healthy and they do not dress him. That seems childish to me....not dressing your best back because he fumbled twice, all the while the rest of of your RB's did the same thing
    Why show up? Because it's his job....whether he plays or not.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what part of professional football player do you not understand?

hint: he still cashed a check last week.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you drive a truck for a living and your boss tells you he found another driver for 1 day because you been late on deliveries would you still show up and ride shotgun?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I see your point and maybe he should have been there, but suspending him? Seems obsessive.....
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

There's a real feeling of pettiness this season in Pittsburgh- most notably in the reaction to Wallace not signing his contract offer, and then seeing Brown offered essentially mike's money in a "well, if you won't sign, we'll give it to this guy" kind of deal... and now having Mendenhall sit as a healthy inactive even though he wasn't the Lone Ranger in the fumbleathon.

Does he deserve suspension? Yeah, why not. He's gone next year. So is Wallace. But the treatment both have recieved from the FO has been really petty, and not overly proffesional.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    what part of professional football player do you not understand?

hint: he still cashed a check last week.
    But not this week!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There's obviously more to this than just the fumbles. Since his return from injury he has shown nothing at all. Suspend him and let him walk this year. It definitely doesn't seem as if we're losing anything.

Maybe he'll go on to be a good RB elsewhere. However, it seems obvious it's not going to happen here.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

looking back at that 2008 draft is enough to make a man puke.

what a disaster.