Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Troy is limping again.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The lack of heavy lifting in Troy's career has now made him injury prone. A calf tear is no easy injury to heal from, apparently.

I also notice he wears no pads at all below the waist. Ouch. Of course, I don't think pads would've have helped his gastroc or soleus muscle.

Legend

User Info Menu

What a shocker

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    you are correct. An article from Oct. 17th:

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2792211-85/polamalu-calf-week-muscle-season-won-injury-steelers-game-sunday#axzz2EmopCBfc[/URL]

from the article:

“Calf strains are in the muscle bellies, so they tend to heal on their own and take time,” said Dr. David Geier, an orthopedic surgeon and the director of sports medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. “If you try to go back too soon, a sudden explosive (move) can stretch muscle fibers, and you start back at square one. Calf strains are a tough injury because everything you do in sports involves pushing off.”

I fail to see how our resident high school debate captain thinks this is some mysterious injury
    I would like to hear this doc's response if asked if it is unusual for a calf sprain to last 3 years running. I wonder if our resident cult member realizes 3 years for a calf strain is unheard of?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I would like to hear this doc's response if asked if it is unusual for a calf sprain to last 3 years running. I wonder if our resident cult member realizes 3 years for a calf strain is unheard of?

and what cult would that be?

Can you please document the 3 year history of this calf injury for me, or is this just more of you making things up to fit your argument?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    So, you think Troy is faking it or hiding something worse?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here's a little help for lloydroid -

[url]http://www.kffl.com/player/5973/nfl/injury_history/troy-polamalu[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Calfgate continues.....
    "I am not a limping safety" - T. Polamalu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    "I am not a limping safety" - T. Polamalu
    Allegedly, Mike Tomlin asked Troy to do 1000 Box Jumps the same day he asked Daniel Sepulveda to punt 1000 times and Willie Parker to take 1000 carries in practice. Mikey was able to make the wheels fall off one, the leg fall off another, but the final Steeler's calf was resistant to the overwork because of his superhuman powers. Some conspiracy theorists believe that Troy's calf disintegrated that day and he's been trying to overcome a missing calf muscle. Everyone has been pleased with his progress except 1 fan. And that guy blames Tomlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some people beat dead horses, but Lloydroid prefers to beat a calf like he is trying to tenderize his veal. Poor baby cow.

By the way, when I read the Genius Book of World Records, I like to drink Genius Irish Lager. Those two guys in the commercials wouldn't keep saying "Brilliant!" if their beer wasn't Genius, after all.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

and what cult would that be?
    You tell me. I am not up on all the Scientology/Mormon/Jehova Witness, etc. options that are out there.

Can you please document the 3-year history of this calf injury for me, or is this just more of you making things up to fit your argument?
    The Steelers are notorious for not coming clean with injuries so obviously I can't point to reports, as they constantly lie and distort what the truth is. But I can tell you this: Troy was no where near himself in the 2010 season Super Bowl, and what was wrong? He was limping on the same leg that keeps coming up bum now - same limp, same leg. It was a big reason we lost that SB as GB picked on him all night. What was wrong with him? Who knows; it's another Steeler State secret. I don't what specific injury he had then; they admitted he was injured but I don't see where they specify what the injury was/is, but common sense tells me: same leg, same limp, same injury. He keeps "re-injuring" the same leg ever since 2010.

By the way, I don't need to make things up; your assertion is hollow, per usual. The people more in need of "making stuff up to fit their stories" tend to be the cult believers.