Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good news...

Backup

User Info Menu

The good news...

It basically comes down to Dec 23rd game. Steelers vs Bengals. Winner in, loser out.

Even if we were to lose to Dallas putting us at 7-7 and Bengals 8-6 beat the Eagles on Thurs Night, we win on that night (dec 23rd) that would bring us tied (8-7) with the 2-0 edge vs Bengals. All we would have to do is not lose to the Browns in the season finale.

I have to admit. I couldn't watch the rest of that game today. I turned it off at 27-3. Mad me that upset, wish it didn't but it did.
    Did we suffer any other injuries besides Colon?
    Thoughts on the Bengals game? Tis true correct?

Legend

User Info Menu

You are assuming we beat the Browns and the Bengals.
    This is why I despise these posts.
    Last week it was "when we beat SD we can clinch,blah,blah,blah"
    Last year it was"who do we play after Denver?"

Legend

User Info Menu

What makes you think we will beat the Browns?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Browns have won three in a row and just won 30-7. They are playing better football than us.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    You are assuming we beat the Browns and the Bengals.
    This is why I despise these posts.
    Last week it was "when we beat SD we can clinch,blah,blah,blah"
    Last year it was"who do we play after Denver?"
    For those of us that don't see thew sky falling and are simply trying to lay out the scenarios by which the Steelers can get into the playoffs its what we do. I'm with legend on this one, the Steelers can lose to the Cowboys, beat the Bengals and Browns and make the playoffs (I know these are not guarantees, but it is a way into the playoffs.). All legend is saying is that the loss to the Chargers still left the Steelers controlling their own destiny and should they lose in Dallas they would still be able claim a spot in the playoffs.

Getting to the playoffs is the goal and the Steelers are still in position to do so and they control whether they make it or not. I would certainly prefer a win this week, but it doesn't end the season if they don't win. Actually, I would like for the Steelers to win, the Ravens, Bengals and Jets to lose this weekend and that would really put them in a good place. If it doesn't happen, its not the end of the season.

I'm with Legend, the possibilities are many, including controlling their own destiny.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Please remind me again what the problem with fans looking ahead after a bad loss is?

Are we supposed to stay focused and take it one week at a time so that our towel waving and clapping doesn't falter while we sit on our couches watching the games?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Also...don't look now, but the Jets are only one game back and have the head-to-head win over the Steelers. They also finish the season with the Titans, Chargers, and Bills and could conceivable win all three of those games.

Legend

User Info Menu

No Gnews is good gnews with Gary Gnu.

We beat the Jet DRock.

Backup

User Info Menu

I never guarenteed a win vs Bengals but there is no way we lose to the Browns if that game clinches for us.
    Reasons we won't lose to the browns:

I will be at that game (we are 4-0 in games I attend)
    They are still the Browns
    We haven't lost to the Browns 2x in a season since 1932
    We have Ben back who won't be rusty.
    They are the Browns~~~

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    No Gnews is good gnews with Gary Gnu.

We beat the Jet DRock.

well well well you are certainly correct there. Whew!

all the bad losses of the last 6 years are just running together into one big mish-mash of forgettable games against inferior competition.