Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 103

Thread: So Troy is limping again.....

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You tell me. I am not up on all the Scientology/Mormon/Jehova Witness, etc. options that are out there.



    The Steelers are notorious for not coming clean with injuries so obviously I can't point to reports, as they constantly lie and distort what the truth is. But I can tell you this: Troy was no where near himself in the 2010 season Super Bowl, and what was wrong? He was limping on the same leg that keeps coming up bum now - same limp, same leg. It was a big reason we lost that SB as GB picked on him all night. What was wrong with him? Who knows; it's another Steeler State secret. I don't what specific injury he had then; they admitted he was injured but I don't see where they specify what the injury was/is, but common sense tells me: same leg, same limp, same injury. He keeps "re-injuring" the same leg ever since 2010.

    By the way, I don't need to make things up; your assertion is hollow, per usual. The people more in need of "making stuff up to fit their stories" tend to be the cult believers.
    OK. Now you really sound like you are wearing a tin foil hairpiece. I don't think the screen name "Oliver Stone" has been taken
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    OK. Now you really sound like you are wearing a tin foil hairpiece. I don't think the screen name "Oliver Stone" has been taken
    Why are you resorting to ad hominem attacks? Refute the assertions, if you can. Why resort to name calling, which I have been told is not tolerated on this board? FACT: Troy had the same limp, on the same leg back in the 2010 season, and GB fried his butt all game long, because he was obviously not right and limping and slow. Last game, he came up limping on that very same leg, as he did most of 2011 as well. You want to address those realities or resort to more ad hominem attacks? Socrates would be disappointed with you.

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    So, you think Troy is faking it or hiding something worse?
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...ive-will-he-be

    You tell me. It was a "mysterious" injury back in 2010, 2011 and now in 2012. Same leg, same limp. How can any of you forget how hobbled he was in the Super Bowl that year and how badly GB scorched him all night. Oh, but that's right, the Steelers constantly lie about injuries so none of us really can figure out and see the obvious connections. Oh, I mean, those of us who lack the ability to apply critical thinking.

  4. #24
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,256
    Are you seriously engaging in "limp analysis" and claiming to know what is wrong with Polamalu based on that? And I have weak and hollow arguments?

    That's some funny stuff there!

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Are you seriously engaging in "limp analysis" and claiming to know what is wrong with Polamalu based on that? And I have weak and hollow arguments?

    That's some funny stuff there!
    I guess the gullible shall remain gullible. Oh well, how you do (think) anything is how you do everything.

    I guess I am not the only one who figured this out. Bwahahahahha, now how silly to you feel?

    http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...hilles-strain/

    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...elers-defense/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmmUJdJjDM
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...me-calf-injury

  6. #26
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,072
    I'm still not sure what exactly your argument is here. Most rational football fans realize that football players tend to get injured. And if those players push themselves to come back and play again before that injured body part is allowed to fully heal, then there is a further tendency to reinjure said body part. Also as players get older, these injuries tend to linger longer. So what is your point here, other than the Steelers organization is not entirely forthcoming about injuries (which is only a requirement to report for gambling purposes, by the way)?

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm still not sure what exactly your argument is here. Most rational football fans realize that football players tend to get injured. And if those players push themselves to come back and play again before that injured body part is allowed to fully heal, then there is a further tendency to reinjure said body part. Also as players get older, these injuries tend to linger longer. So what is your point here, other than the Steelers organization is not entirely forthcoming about injuries (which is only a requirement to report for gambling purposes, by the way)?
    I think you are being purposely obtuse because you don't want to admit my assertion was right on the $ all along. This goes further than just "Oh well, if you rush back too soon, you can re-injure your injury." And, you probably know it, but don't want to admit it, so you are playing dumb. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more than a calf strain, as the team was trying to lie about. It was an Achilles all along, which explains why it has lingered for so long. A calf pull would never linger this long. No way. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more serious than the team was letting on, and now it's becoming impossible to deny. But, I guess you never wondered why they always left things vague when reporting on Troy's injury? They were careful to not call it an Achilles, but instead a calf injury? And you just bought that lie, like a duped patsy? How much obvious does this have to get until you see the truth?

    Jason Bridge- US PRESSWIRE

    Safety Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers returned to action Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles. He did not last through the first quarter as a right calf injury finished him for the day. Polamalu missed the previous three games due to the calf. He is not expected to play Thursday against the Tennessee Titans.

    The problem he is experiencing may be due to lingering effects from an Achilles injury suffered in 2010. If it is his career may be in jeopardy.

    Two years ago Polamalu suffered a lower right leg injury early in the season. It was thought at the time to be a calf strain. Polamalu played the first 13 games before sitting out two. He returned to the field in a week 17 victory over the Cleveland Browns then played in two post season games and Super Bowl XLV.

    It was reported late in 2010 that Polamalu’s injury was a strained Achilles tendon. If Pittsburgh had not been headed for the post season, he probably would have been put on injured reserve and done for the year. With a chance to win the Super Bowl he was not.

    The 2010 NFL defensive player of the year played all three post season games, but was not at full strength. Hampered by the injury Polamalu played more coverage and did not blitz as often. The Steelers were able to defeat the Baltimore Ravens and New York Jets without a reckless Polamalu, but in the Super Bowl could not stop the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

    Polamalu played all 16 games in 2011. The calf did not seem to be a problem. It was the first season since 2008 that he was able to play in every game. In 2009 he missed 11 games after suffering a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee.

    However, an Achilles tendon is one which needs time to heal or could linger. Any damage to it effects the leg from heel to hip. This includes the calf. I know this from suffering ruptures to both of mine. I am currently in the process of rehabilitation on the left one. The area that is giving me my biggest problem is the calf.

    Since Polamalu has never had surgery on his Achilles he has still been playing on it. The more he plays the weaker the area around it becomes. Most doctors do not like to perform surgery on an area unless they deem it absolutely necessary. Since Polamalu can walk and run there has seemed to be no need for him to go under the knife.

    However, when he hopped off of the field Sunday my first thought was he’d suffered a torn Achilles. Fortunately it only seems to be a calf strain.

    Whether it is the calf or Achilles Polamalu has a real problem on his hands. Though he may not need surgery the calf may always be weak from the damage done to the Achilles. If the problems continue, Polamalu may need more medical tests done in order to get it fixed.

    Let’s hope that Polamalu recovers and is able to return to full strength soon. Let’s hope that he can not do any more damage to his calf or Achilles.

    Seeing Polamalu leave the game Sunday without being hit has to make one wonder if the injury is a little worse than originally thought. It also brings up the question of whether it is a result of his 2010 Achilles strain.

    If it is his career may be in jeopardy.
    Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...GIAoglHpzS8.99


  8. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,177
    I'm still struggling to determine what the point of this is. Two sentences or less and what does it matter?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm still struggling to determine what the point of this is. Two sentences or less and what does it matter?
    nothing and nothing, but I bet the word "assertion" finds its way in there somewhere.

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,430
    Did someone say obtuse? Ruthless, here's your cue...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •