Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomlin PC 12/11

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just for the record: no way do I go for two.
    I think the bad decision was leaving Ben in the game after the 3rd quarter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I am curious to know... From you guys who think not going for two was a horrible decision... What was happening on the field that made you think a comeback was realistic? Was it the juggernaut offense or the immovable defense?
    The Chargers scored 14 points in about 12 seconds. If Tomlin gave up on the game with6 minutes left that isn't right. If his reasoning for it was as you state then he essentially quit.

Legend

User Info Menu

He simply put the loss on bad field position in 1st half and not able to convert 3rd downs to get out of it
    I know I'm late to the party
    So you decided to go for it on 4th and 1 from midfield.
    Punt genius and the field position battle would have changed

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I am curious to know... From you guys who think not going for two was a horrible decision... What was happening on the field that made you think a comeback was realistic? Was it the juggernaut offense or the immovable defense?
    Exactly. I'd rather have the guaranteed one point while we're down there than to run the risk on converting for two. Nevermind that the game was sort of out of reach at that point. A huge helping of "too little too late".

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here are some backs to consider, if we aren't going to sell the farm and use a first round on one.

Montee Bell, WI. 5-11, 215. He is a natural who could have a huge NFL career.

Lacy, AB. 5-10, 220. This guy is a beast. Maybe not quite as over all talented as Trent Richardson, but he is up there. He is just a truck. Plays in monster tough SEC. He could look super in the black and gold.

Le'Veon Bell, MSU, 6-2, 244. A BIG back. He could carry the rock and take defenders for a ride, plus will be there in later rounds. Leads the nation in carries so he won't pull a Dwyer and need to come off the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why do you guys even bother arguing over these anti Tomlin critics. They never liked the hiring and never will. Every coach makes decisions on the way the game is going, take for an example when The cheat went for it on his on 20 against the Colts , I guess he did it because because he didn't know what have was doing but the reality is he knew his defense couldn't stop the Colts so he took that chanse because the flow of the game. It wasn't no coming back from this loss so what was the purpose.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I know I'm late to the party
    So you decided to go for it on 4th and 1 from midfield.
    Punt genius and the field position battle would have changed
    Exactly. I would've punted there too.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion