Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin PC 12/11

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it will be interesting to see if Lebeau retires, and they don't force Butler down his throat, which way he goes. Same with Haley if he leaves for another HC job. IN another 2 or 3 years this will fully be Tomlins team, and his players.....no excuses or BS or talking in circles to cover it up.

Legend

User Info Menu

i think the rooneys realize what they have in tomlin and will continue to make all the hires and fires. their rule kinda backfired on them

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    His excuse for not going for two was pathetic to be honest. I personally feel he didn't even know what was going on at that point.
    Are we being serious at this point? He didn't know what was going on? The same Coach that took the team to two super bowls and has one of the best records during his time in all of football. He didn't know what was going on? We aren't paid millions of dollars to coach. We simply sit back and speculate because we care about the team. I didn't have a huge problem with his reasoning.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think the rooneys realize what they have in tomlin and will continue to make all the hires and fires. their rule kinda backfired on them
    Take your crazy talk somewhere else.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Are we being serious at this point? He didn't know what was going on? The same Coach that took the team to two super bowls and has one of the best records during his time in all of football. He didn't know what was going on? We aren't paid millions of dollars to coach. We simply sit back and speculate because we care about the team. I didn't have a huge problem with his reasoning.
    It seems it started serious- then got crazy & out of control about 2 words in.

Every coach has bad games. Some coaches have bad years. Tomlin has been (dare I quote him?) 'above the line' since he got here. Going to take more than a few bad calls on a team that can't stay healthy for Chadman to start questioning his ability.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Every coach has bad games. Some coaches have bad years. Tomlin has been (dare I quote him?) 'above the line' since he got here. Going to take more than a few bad calls on a team that can't stay healthy for Chadman to start questioning his ability.
    Well good sir that would be the RATIONAL! view point. We've got some crazy ass people on this message board. A year where the team has been decimated by injuries and we're 7-6. We shouldn't lose to the bad teams and Tomlin certainly has that problem. I was listening to 93.7 the fan this morning or yesterday and they were talking about over a span of time records against losing teams and his record was pretty bad. It was something like 11 over his tenure. Callers continued to mention "Cowher would have never done this or Cowher would have never done that" and then one major point was brought up. Tomlin may lose to the crap teams on occasion, mostly because it seems the team plays down. However he DOESN'T lose to the good teams and guess who did? Cowher. Cowher beat up on the bad teams but he lost to the good ones and I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather beat the good teams and lose to the bad ones (despite that being REALLY frustrating) than beat up on the bad teams and lose to the good ones. Bad teams don't make the playoffs afterall.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tomlin has not had a great year, IMO.

way too many uneven performances and decisions. The FG try in nashville still sticks in my craw.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Sometimes I don't completely understand Tomlin. He seems relaxed under pressure and keeps calm when situations look bad. But despite his demeanor, he seems to panic in the moment with some critical decisions.

His outward demeanor sets a tone with the players and I think it gets the best out of backups. It's amazing to me how competitive we can be with so many injuries.

But that same calm guy on the outside doesn't always make the right decision. And it's not so much the risks I'm talking about. I can live and die with some of the risks he takes. And I even think some of the risks that don't pay off, send a message to the team. I really like his style in general.

But for a guy who's so perfect in many ways. He has enough flubs that it seems like a pattern. And maybe it's not him. He might just need an assistant to help watch the clock, the points, the replays, the little things. Tomlin is a big picture guy and just needs a little assist on the details. I think most coaches have people to help them in these situations. Do the Steelers?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Are you being serious to say you bought his excuse for not going for 2 and in fact it was a good idea to not go for two?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am curious to know... From you guys who think not going for two was a horrible decision... What was happening on the field that made you think a comeback was realistic? Was it the juggernaut offense or the immovable defense?