Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley to replace Whis as HC next year? (Lacanfora's speculation)

Starter

User Info Menu

Haley to replace Whis as HC next year? (Lacanfora's speculation)

Bottom of Lacanfora's article:

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21346344/monday-observations-plenty-of-qbs-should-rent-not-buy[/URL]

If Arizona finishes with 12 straight losses, it's hard to imagine Whisenhunt surviving, even though the Cards would have to eat $5.5 million to let him go, which is out of character for them. If he is gone, keep in mind the job Todd Haley did there as coordinator, and the high esteem with which the Bidwills hold him. Ownership wanted Haley back on the staff for 2012, and it didn't work out. But people I am talking to in the league could see Haley back as head coach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

haley is a very good OC and I'm pleased with the offense this year - at least the part that puts the ball in contact with the receivers hands.

still his last two jobs shows just how effective or uneffective a guy can be depending on the horses he's got. Kurt Warner + Larry Fitz = superbowl. Matt Cassel + no one equals fired.

the cards still have serious QB issues. sometimes it's wise to wait for the right situation. I think many folks will be eyeing san diego after norv leaves. great location, great owners, lot's of talent.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Man, I DO NOT want Kirby Wilson as our OC.

Legend

User Info Menu

O.C. Haley to Arizona as H.C. and OL coach Haley to UTEP as head coach.

Whis and Grimm return to Pittsburgh with their tails between their legs to take back the now vacant O.C. and OL coach positions.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Man, I DO NOT want Kirby Wilson as our OC.
    Brother you said it. He doesn't even impress me as a runningback coach let alone an OC. Arian II, here we come.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Brother you said it. He doesn't even impress me as a runningback coach let alone an OC. Arian II, here we come.
    I would literally be depressed if that happened.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would take Wizz back if Haley left.

Legend

User Info Menu

So would I. I would prefer to keep Haley to allow the offense to have another year with the same system and coordinator, but Whiz would be a fine replacement if Haley gets a HC gig.

Legend

User Info Menu

Norv Turner will be available.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

No freakin way. Ben and Whis would be a disaster. Ben didn't like him when he was here and as a much more experienced player he won't like him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"