Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haley to replace Whis as HC next year? (Lacanfora's speculation)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No freakin way. Ben and Whis would be a disaster. Ben didn't like him when he was here and as a much more experienced player he won't like him.
    I see your point, but nobody thought he would like Haley and that worked out ok.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I see your point, but nobody thought he would like Haley and that worked out ok.

how OK has it worked out? I don't think it's been lovely production wise... I like the efficiency but we aren't scoring in bunches.. we are bubble screening and tip toeing down the field to kick FG's.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    how OK has it worked out? I don't think it's been lovely production wise... I like the efficiency but we aren't scoring in bunches.. we are bubble screening and tip toeing down the field to kick FG's.
    Up until the injury, Ben was having one of his best seasons...even now, he has a 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio, is completing passes at a rate better than his career average and over 7 yards per attempt...he is on pace to be sacked the fewest times since 2005 when he only played in 12 games...

Haley has helped Ben do this without the benefit of a healthy Mendenhall and continued poor health on the o-line...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No freakin way. Ben and Whis would be a disaster. Ben didn't like him when he was here and as a much more experienced player he won't like him.
    After dealing with the likes of Lindley and Skelton, Whis would LOVE Ben and trust him without question going forward.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Haley left I would like to see Norv Turner here.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Norv Turner will be available.
    I would be fine with that. He's a good OC, but a horrible head coach. Even worse than what we have.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree with ovi again. (getting wierd here)

whiz and ben would be a disaster.

jury still out on the haley offense. Next year without wallace is starting to scare the hell out of me.

Backup

User Info Menu

If Todd Haley leaves, that'll be more depressing than anything that's happened since Super Bowl XLV.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I agree with ovi again. (getting wierd here)

whiz and ben would be a disaster.

jury still out on the haley offense. Next year without wallace is starting to scare the hell out of me.
    Sitting here twitching as I type that I agree with ES...again this week.

IMO you can't evaluate a new offense in the first year. It really needs to be a two year and more thing to see the real effectiveness. They are still learning from an execution standpoint and making adjustments, but as Slapstick described all the trends are going in the right direction.

I'm not so sure that Haley is anxious to jump back into the HC ranks especially with a bad team with no QB. If he would fail it would probably be the last time he ever got a HC opportunity and the Cardinals are set up for failure. Even ultimate team guy Larry Fitzgerald is showing signs of growing discontent.

Haley's best move would be to stay with the Steelers for about three years and get a job with a better team.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

How about Bruce Arians as interim HC?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION