Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it time to give Ike some love??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    That is not a good comparison. Ben makes big plays. Ben makes splash plays. Ike does neither. Ben is responsible for putting up the majority of the points the Steelers score. Ike never puts up points on the board.
    Ike is typically locked up on the oppositions top WR so he prevents points from going on the board. I have seen Ike make top scorers become total non-factors.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I remember when we would have donated our paychecks to get a corner like Ike on our team. Yes, he doesn't get the interceptions but he isn't the only one that isn't getting them either. Is it how the're coached, not coached but yes, he does have hands of stone when he does touch the ball. Lebeaus trying to keep his record up with the few elite when it comes to the interception record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who was it that was getting torched earlier this season? Who was grabbing and clutching like every other play because he was getting beat with regularity? Who was it that was covering Demaryius Thomas the last game of 2011?

Oh yeah, Ike is real good.

Why you guys accept mediocrity is beyond me. Cracks me up how emotionally attached some get to the point they just can't see the forest through the trees.
    Dub, I know that you are no fan of Ike, but would you rather see Ike-Lewis-Allen this week at Dallas or Lewis-Allen-Brown/Victorian? I don't think it's even close.

Especially if Bryant plays, not having Ike will hurt a lot IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who was it that was getting torched earlier this season? Who was grabbing and clutching like every other play because he was getting beat with regularity? Who was it that was covering Demaryius Thomas the last game of 2011?

Oh yeah, Ike is real good.

Why you guys accept mediocrity is beyond me. Cracks me up how emotionally attached some get to the point they just can't see the forest through the trees.
    Take the number of games that he got torched. Then take the number of games in which he has made the top WR on the other team a non-factor. I'm not talking about neutralizing the Greg Littles of the world, I'm talking about the AJ Greens etc. His one great failing is his hands, but if he did have 5 picks a year, he would be up there with the very best and an annual pro bowl pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So based on his play of a few games earlier this season, the other 130 games of his career don't count? Plain silly. All athletes go through slumps. Ike's rookie season he was ranked #2 in the NFL for passes defensed. Several seasons he was in the top 10 CBs for passes defensed. Most of his career he has been in the top quartile or better. That is not the definition of 'mediocrity' in my book.

Ike isn't an interception machine but he defends the other team's best player exceptionally well. D. Thomas might be the only WR I can think of that has given him fits whenever he has played him.
    Ike will be 33 next year. Why would we look at his first 130 games anymore? No one on this forum can say with a straight face that he hasn't been on the decline the past two years. To look at this any other way to me would be the silly thing to do.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Dub, I know that you are no fan of Ike, but would you rather see Ike-Lewis-Allen this week at Dallas or Lewis-Allen-Brown/Victorian? I don't think it's even close.

Especially if Bryant plays, not having Ike will hurt a lot IMO.
    I am not looking at it like that. I see 3 more Steelers games left. Maybe the last 3 games of the Steelers season. 3 games that Ike Taylor probably cant play in. So now it's off-season, what do you do about Ike? Realistically? It is time to make a change. Sorry.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Take the number of games that he got torched. Then take the number of games in which he has made the top WR on the other team a non-factor. I'm not talking about neutralizing the Greg Littles of the world, I'm talking about the AJ Greens etc. His one great failing is his hands, but if he did have 5 picks a year, he would be up there with the very best and an annual pro bowl pick.
    Sorry, but this really hasnt been the case the past 2 years. This use to be Ike but it really isnt him anymore.